DIY Arduino ATC Pathpilot....

More
06 May 2021 17:30 #208136 by snowgoer540
I wonder if this project died?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2021 17:36 #208138 by tommylight
It seems so, may it rest in pieces ... hmm peace, peace ! :laugh:

More
06 May 2021 17:42 #208139 by bevins
Is it connected via usb?wonder how he is talking to the arduino.

pyserial?

More
06 May 2021 20:52 #208156 by tommylight
Just thinking out loud here, but i always wonder why insist on using serial (with all the drawbacks) with an arduino when there are plenty of IO pins to do, as an example, use 4 in pins from LinuxCNC to arduino for 16 tools and 4 outputs to LinuxCNC to know what tool is ready, use the other pins for controlling the toolchanger however it is required.
When using interrupts arduinos can do very fast loops and IO at nearly 1 MHz. Serial can do ... well for me nothing, gave up on it when i was using a 9600 BPS modem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
06 May 2021 23:28 #208166 by snowgoer540
I agree with you.

In this particular case, it would just be to make a “plug and play” version to play nice with all the stuff Tormach already does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 May 2021 20:08 #210258 by Clive S
Ok done some more work on the ATC for the Tormach. For the benefit of Tom (he like pics)

I have purchased the V1.1 pyboard and the FT232R I have also got the Tormach rules

Would anybody be will to share the code to get this working

I am not sure if PP will accept 15 tools by default. I believe it will accept 8,10 or 12 tools
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, snowgoer540

More
25 May 2021 22:01 #210275 by tommylight
Yes, yes, me like pictures! And videos.
Looks niceeeee !
And reminds me i never finished my mill, damn i need longer days !

More
25 May 2021 23:15 #210285 by snowgoer540
Clive,

You are in luck. This had actually fallen off my radar. I was able to get ahold of Dorro1971 at the beginning of the month and ascertain the code that he had been working on. Trouble is I was on travel for work, and well, it just fell off my radar. He was ok with me posting it, but did mention that he didn't have time to support questions. He was hopeful to give people a head start, and maybe a means to see it the rest of the way through.

I was going to start a git repository and put it there, but I don't want to delay people longer than I already have.

At any rate, his sketch is attached. I will pass along his notes below. If there are questions or things you (we) cant work out, I am happy to take them to him. He did ask to liaise through me.

I would just echo his wishes and ask that as things get updated/fixed/worked on, that it at least gets shared here.

I haven't looked at this too closely, and again, none of this is my work, just posting it on behalf of Dorro1971.

Notes:
data for steps, speeds, accels etc can be set via serial link...arduino terminal...

baud rate is in the project..

data must be entered with all five digits..eg 00033 otherwise data will not be accepted. if nothing is entered then data will not be changed.

pathpilot will ask the atc what its profile data is, if it does not match what it expects...from the ini file i think, .it will send commands to change the profile data... won't work

as the profile is currently hard coded...so it must be set to match the data sent after the "VE" request or "VL" request..

some inputs are simulated due to lack of hardware..you will have to have a look...i didn't get as far as really fitting it..i don't have the hardware yet, still a manual drawbar!

Pathpilot starts with VE or VL

if data reported back is ok then it sends ST as a status request every 500 ms or so...from memory....

if you get the serial lights flashing regularly when atc is selected on pp then you will know rules are ok...

settings.txt has my settings as a quick guide on how to set things up...

There are no guarantees, use at your own risk!..etc blah, blah, blah........
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S, Arpad, my1987toyota

More
24 Jan 2022 03:52 #232922 by Vmax549
I get an error message when I load/compile the source into the Arduino has anyone ran this code ??

(;-)

More
24 Jan 2022 10:27 #232940 by Vmax549
OK I fixed the error(my fault) verified the sketch loaded the shetch. Ran the serial monitor and the Arduino reponded ok.
I did set the VID and PID in the rules file to my Arduino values
Plugged in to PP and set it to ATC in the setting page.
PP did not see the Arduino as the Arduino never flashed the TX or RX leds so it never pinged it to check for IDs.
PP then reset back to manual tool change.

ANY ideas on how to get it to work from here ??

(;-) TP

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds