non-pathpilot error code (8)

More
21 Jun 2021 20:10 #212589 by wink
Thanks up front to Andy, Brianbonedoc, Johnnycnc, Stigoe, Smgvbest and many others without your help with post’s I couldn’t have got this far. I have used others hal-ini examples for my shuttlexpress with little changing and lincurve. For Pathpilot on a lathe and linux pnc 7.14
Build ---table top lathe w/5i25-7i76 mesa, tread mill motor and mc2100 w adruino to control motor, the adruino has a 5v pot to adjust rpm’s thru 7i76 , all into lincurve for speed control. The treadmill rpms w lincurve tunes right in and is sweet. ON both 2.7.14 and pathpilot
Now my problem-- Pathpilot v2.3 for a mill with a new ssd ..same computer, 5i25 _7i76 bench set up. After changing bit ini and phtlon lines and # out gpio lines not needed yet. I get pathpilot gui screen. When pressing reset
“ hm2_5i25.0: smart serial card hm2_error =(8) remote fault “
I have checked 7i76 has 5v and 24v supply leds both lit and even changed with new 7i76
I have reflashed 5i25_7i76x2.bit same outcome. Do I need to switch bit files or go to a 5i25+bob like the novakon group has done Thanks Wink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2021 21:25 #212599 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic non-pathpilot error code (8)
Is there another error logged or printed?. if you get a remote fault, there should be a more descriptive error that says what the specific remote fault is.

Do you have a LInuxCNC installation you can try? It may have better error reporting. Did you do a latency test?

More
21 Jun 2021 23:40 #212614 by wink
Replied by wink on topic non-pathpilot error code (8)
Pathpilot gu screen
“ Failed to bring machine out of e stop, please check machine power, limit switches and communication cable from controller to machine”
“ hm2-5i25.0: smart serial card hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0 error = (8) remote fault “
I have disable limit switches in ui and just repeats same. Changed hard drive only from a working lathe pathpilot straight to splash screen and reset e stop and motors home like they should. Also formated a second ssd an load pp2.3 and same outcome
So any ideas

More
23 Jun 2021 11:41 #212731 by andypugh
It is possible that PP has not integrated this fix:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/439

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds