PathPilot 2.0 with a standard parallel card

More
06 Jan 2022 02:02 #230921 by leedgtm
Hi,
3 questions. 1. If you have been using Pathpilot wit a standard parallel card, have you found it to be stable? 2. Is there something like Stepconf that allows you to set the pins, dir, step, pulses, etc? If they are hard coded, where are they? 3. Does the EStop pin need to be taken to ground or to plus 5V to send a reset to Tormach.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2022 04:06 #231856 by RandyJ
1. If you have been using Pathpilot wit a standard parallel card, have you found it to be stable?
It has been very stable for me. I have had a bit of lag in the screen XYZ numbers at time, but the output of the steps seems perfect.
2. Is there something like Stepconf that allows you to set the pins, dir, step, pulses, etc? If they are hard coded, where are they?
To start looking around hit alt-left shift while PP is booting. Start a file manager in the operator folder. Files that will enlighten you are:
/operator/pathlilot.json (will point to first config file in configs)
/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/ (ini and hal files for all models here)
Follow instructions from thread and add yours here. Gedit is a wonderful editor for these .ini and hal files.
To test your files open terminal and type in: ./operator_login
The configurations for the are in the /tmc/configs/tormach_mill

3. Does the EStop pin need to be taken to ground or to plus 5V to send a reset to Tormach.

This will depend on your controller input type and mapping of pins. The sense can be inverted in software. On my Gecko540 is is shorted to ground. This produces a one on the input and the represents Estop_OK to the system.

Hope that gets you started.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds