Probe /Tool setter trip stops program run ???

More
06 Mar 2022 20:39 #236530 by Vmax549
Hi Guys I noticed that PP will stop the program run IF it sees an errant probe trip or tool setter trip .  I assume that function is BASED in LinuxCNC. Is there a way to turn it OFF  ??.

(;-) TP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2022 20:51 #236531 by snowgoer540
Off the top of my head, one option would be to use the and component to “and” whatever the the probe pin is with something like “halui.mode.is.mdi”. Or maybe “halui.mode.is.auto-not”.  There may be better pins, but you get the idea.  Then it wouldn’t be valid unless the interpreter is in manual mode.  

More
06 Mar 2022 22:11 #236536 by Vmax549
He said WHAT ?????? (;-) I am horrible at AND,OR,MUX they make my brain hurt.

It only needs to work IF you are in G38nn mode if that is a mode.

(;-) TP

More
08 Mar 2022 03:05 #236626 by Vmax549
OK here goes. IS this anywhere close to working ?? I am not sure how to handle the motion.motion-type( ) Type 5 is probing

HALL entry for the probe and setter

net probe-in <= hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.049.in_not debounce.0.4.in
net setter-in <= hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.036.in_not debounce.0.5.in

##*******************************************************

net P_sig1 and2.0.in0 <= hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.049.in_not debounce.0.4.in

net P_sig2 and2.0.in1 <= motion.motion-type(5)

net P_active probe-in <= and2.0.out

##*******************************************************

net s_sig1 and2.1.in0 <= hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.036.in_not debounce.0.5.in

net s_sig2 and2.1.in1 <= motion.motion-type(5)

net s_active setter-in <= and2.1.out

More
08 Mar 2022 13:32 #236671 by snowgoer540
No, I am afraid that won't work. and2 requires two bit type inputs. motion.motion-type is an s32 type pin.

Everything else you have seems like it should work. So long as and2 is in the hal file, and if it is, you increased the count by one, and address them according.

As far as pins to try in lieu of motion.motion-type, you could try:
halui.program.is-idle
halui.mode.is-manual

More
08 Mar 2022 15:26 #236680 by Vmax549
I don't find any signal that fits the entire parameter of blocking it other than motion-type = 5 (probing)

Is there any way in HAL to convert IF motion-type == 5 to T/F ??

(;-) TP

More
08 Mar 2022 15:39 #236681 by snowgoer540
Your original post said you didn’t want a tripped probe to stop a running program.  The pins I suggested should achieve that.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to do.  Are probes part of a subroutine of your running program? 

More
08 Mar 2022 16:10 - 08 Mar 2022 16:13 #236683 by Vmax549
I do probing from any and everywhere The ONLY time the probe trip should work is when it is actually probing..

I did test your suggestions (;-)

Years ago I spent over a year searching for the holy grail of a canned one function saves all "Protected Mode motion" to SAVE THE PROBE . Unless you can change the laws of physics it does not exist. That is why MOST controller depend on YOU to use a protected move when you have the probe installed. You only make protected moves in G1 mode and never faster than what the probe can safely trip at. All probe trips have overtravel depending on the feedrate it is programed at.

In other words when you put that $5k probe in the spindle you had better have your brains turned ON.  

BUT I am never too old to learn a new trick if you have one (;-)

(;-) TP

I do see there is a convertor to convert conv_s32_bit could that be used to convert If motion-type == 5 then sig = True ??
Last edit: 08 Mar 2022 16:13 by Vmax549.

More
08 Mar 2022 16:18 #236685 by snowgoer540
Sorry, took your first post literally.

I think Tormach takes the approach they do because their customer base is largely inexperienced machinists who like the machine thinking for them with the probe sometimes haha.

I've no experience with conv_s32_bit, but assuming Tormach didnt strip it from the source code, it's worth a try. 

Have you verified that motion.motion-type goes to 5 during all of your probing scenarios in PathPilot?

More
08 Mar 2022 16:50 #236686 by Vmax549
Hya Snow, Yes so far every instance of probing shows up as mode 5. My experince with CNC is IF a function is not 100% functional then DON"T use it. It will bite you sooner or later. This function gives a FALSE impression that it will always save your probe . Not gonna happen (;-). IF all the stars and moons align perfectly MAYBE. But that is a BIG$$$$$$ maybe .

I will let you know if it works IF I can figure it all out. So far I have not found any example of it being used.

(;-) TP

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds