PathPilot, 7i92, G540 HAL file

More
30 Jul 2023 02:33 #276546 by Whitebarn
Hi, I'm dealing with the same issues as you were. Thanks for sharing so much with the group. :)

You mentioned, since the 440 spindle is a configured for FWD only, I enabled the spindle reverse. And you set up Pin 1 for spindle direction.

How did you enable spindle reverse? And what did you have to do to set Pin 1 for direction?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2023 22:48 - 31 Jul 2023 22:49 #276669 by phomann
Hi,
When I get home tonight, I’ll dig out the files I modified.
In the end it was quite simple once I understood what was going on?
Cheers
Peter.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2023 22:49 by phomann. Reason: Typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whitebarn

More
01 Aug 2023 11:51 #276693 by phomann
Hi,
I've attached the files I've modified/created. Basically I created a set of .ini and .hal files for my TM20VL mill that are based on the Tormach 440 mill. I took a copy, renamed them and modified them.
When a PathPilot upgrade is performed, it overwrites the standard files .hal and .ini files, so any modifications that were made are lost and need to be redone.
By creating a new set, they don't get overwritten. Of course you need to do a diff between the new 440 .ini and .hal files and the TM20VL files to check if anything is impacted by the upgrade.
The file pathpilot.json is created when you select the mill you have (440) when first start up Pathpilot. I modified this to point to my TM20VL files instead of the standard 440 files. This file WILL be overwritten on an upgrade so I just re-copy it back after an upgrade.

If you look at the includes/spindle_440_tm20vl_g540.inc file, on line 4 you can see that I changed REVERSE_SUPPORTED  from NO to YES. When this is done the Spindle CCW button appears on the GUI.

The tm20vl_tormach_mill_mesa_440.hal file has the changes I did for the pin assignments. If you search for "Peterh" you should find the changes I've made.  There weren't many as the 440 mill uses a Leadshine MX3660 drive that has the same parallel port pin assignments as the Gecko G540. This is why I chose the 440 configuration as the basis of my config.

The best way to see the changes I done is to do a diff between my modified files and the original 440 files.

I hope this helps.
cheers,

Peter

File Attachment:

File Name: PathPilotT...iles.zip
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2023 17:24 #276715 by Whitebarn
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of info I need! I downloaded the files, and I'll study them asap.

You mentioned I'll need to "do a diff" to check for changes. Is that just reading through and comparing, or is there a program that does that?

More
01 Aug 2023 19:41 #276727 by phomann
You can just read through them and compare although it is better to use a tool. I personally use Beyond Compare but there are many others. Google is your friend. search for 'compare text files"

www.scootersoftware.com/home

More
02 Aug 2023 22:09 #276800 by Whitebarn
Great, that should help a lot too!

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds