PP V2.9.1 With HID Touchscreen - Calibration Problems

More
15 Aug 2022 22:53 #249834 by CAMChimp
Im trying to use a new touchscreen that should be a basic Mouse Emulation HID setup. Scaling is wrong and y-axis seems flipped.

Screen is a HIS-ML20-CTBC
www.hopeindustrial.com/products/panel-mo...panel-mount-monitor/

PP recognizes its as an ELO Touchscreen
(Elo_TouchsSystems_2216_AccuTouch@_USB_Touchmonitor_interface)

Any help would be appreciated, not too familiar with Linux... Seems to be some kind of driver issue...
www.hopeindustrial.com/support/drivers/

Thnaks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2022 12:20 #249885 by Todd Zuercher
most touchscreens need to be calibrated. There is usually a utility for it. It has been years since I did this and I don't remember the commands to start it. This is a general Linux issue, try googling your monitor model with "Linux calibration" to find instructions.

More
18 Aug 2022 00:39 #249991 by CAMChimp
I appreciate the reply.. yeah its a calibration issue... the problem i believe is an incorrect driver and a mismatch with the touch matrix. I can run the canned calibration routine but no joy on the lower half of the screen.

I think Tormach have just packaged e driver or series of drivers that i need to modify. Not knowing Linux.. im kinda lost. I may just try to find somepne local to fix the issue and teach me enough to set it right again the next time an update is released.

Again, thanks for replying!

More
18 Aug 2022 00:49 #249992 by tommylight

I can run the canned calibration routine but no joy on the lower half of the screen.

If the whole lower half does not work, it usually means a part of the thin matrix wiring is broken.
Not always, though.

More
18 Aug 2022 01:24 #249994 by CAMChimp
its fine... works great on a windows box.

thanks for the suggestion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Aug 2022 09:28 #250004 by tommylight
Can you download Pop.os or Mint21 or Ubuntu 22 and boot from USB so you can test if it works with any of them, at least you would know it works under Linux then chase drivers.
Debian keeps most of the proprietary stuff out, so not good for testing hardware without fidling with it.

More
Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds