PathPilot + Mesa 7i76e + DYN4 Servo Drive - Spindle not working

More
06 Dec 2022 22:56 #258765 by yodaddy
I ended up doing a LinuxCNC install and whipping up a configuration with pncconf that worked first time, and the spindle is responding as it should. Now, just have to figure out what Tormach is doing to dick with the spindle control and I'll be golden.

I've never used halrun, but will do as you described just to get a feel of it.

Thank you Andy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2022 04:45 - 22 Dec 2022 04:47 #260060 by yodaddy
For anyone interested, I solved my problem by going to Probe Basic. PathPilot has been a never ending shitshow for the 7 years I used it on non-Tormach machines, and I'm happy to be done with it.

However, switching to Probe Basic I had spindle issues of a different kind. The 7i76e TB4 spindle control worked as it should, but my servo spindle wouldn't respond. I narrowed the problem down to an issue with signaling between the DYN4 JP4 pin 15 (ENA) and the 7i76e TB4 Pin 6 (ENA+). Upon googling it I found this thread from 2015 that sufficiently explains the issue and remedies - forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/29044...z-a-cnc-5x10?start=0

For now I just disconnected the wire from the 7i76e TB4 Pin 6 to get up and running, and I am thoroughly enjoying the Probe Basic experience!

Thanks to all who offered help.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2022 04:47 by yodaddy. Reason: cleaned up a sentence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds