step/continuous from keyboard

More
28 Mar 2023 00:00 #267647 by Vmax549
Also please remind them to make a backup of the file you are working on and place it on the desktop or somewhere you can to it IF the Mod goes south and crashes PathPilot.

A nother note Python is extremely case and indent sensitive. ONE mistake when typing can casue PP not to start and THEN you have to find the mistake and correct it. THAT is where the LOGFILE comes in handy. Tormach did do a good jog of creating the logfile messages and Python hads a decent debugger.

Next is learning to hope back and forth between PP and Linux and the LOGFILE. There is a method to the madness. And there are a lot of little things you can add to make your CNC machine a better place to work..

I say teach the machne to work work for me not the other way around.

ALSO I go in for back surgury Wednesday morning so I may seem to dissapear for a short while.

(;-) TP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorro1971

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2023 00:43 #267653 by snowgoer540
Dont forget to backup the file first :) 

It's worth noting, that if you do mess something up, and you get the "unable to load" config chooser screen, you dont have to pick a different config.  Just press ctrl + alt + x, type mate-panel again, and you can get back into the file system and muck around some more, or restore the backup file if you decide to give up.  Then restart and you'll be back in business.

More
28 Mar 2023 17:33 #267707 by Dorro1971
Woah!...thank guys, so much!

i'm overwhelmed with your support.

Sure, editing the files is not a problem, (I modified tormachspindlem200.so to get rid of mode switching and allow pulse and direction spindle orientation insted of the original offset arrangent), Its just knowing where to look!, I'd like to use an arduino as a custom keypad for jogging and inching as i hate the shuttlexpress, it doesn't always cancel the really slow jog and its cost me a couple of end mills!....and there seems to be alot of knob twiddling with a traditional mpg pendant....

I have discovered a python usr that i was thinking of trying if all else fails but a keypad would be so much easier...

thanks once again for all of your help....i'll keep you posted when i get chance to try....

More
28 Mar 2023 18:09 #267713 by Dorro1971
Can't seem to add email....

More
28 Mar 2023 18:17 #267715 by Vmax549
NOW IF you wanted to be clever you can use a USB programable keypad to program hotkeys for PathPilot.

AND it make it all much easier to deal with. You can make a 1 time mod to PP to support 48 hotkeys and add 48 SUBprograms that support the hotkeys. Then to add a new hotkey function simply pick an unused subprogram and add the CODE to drive it and you are done. The subs are stored in the SUB folder so you do NOT loose them in an update. And the cut and paste is simple to mod the new updated UI file. You can also add the Cutand Paste file to the sub folder so you do not loose it or foprget where you stored it.

I have done it several ways using a DIY approach and used a PI PIco or an ARduino and a hand full of switches to create the keypad. Also did it with a programable usb keypad like Xkeys or Genovation. The USB HID functions make this very easy to do. And they all allow you to change out the key itself to a colored key or a key that allows you to slip in a description label into the key it self.

I also know a company that is interested in making a MEMBRANE 48 key waterproof keypad to be used for this. THis is basically a generic way to do hotkeys across many different controllers M3 M4 UCCNC linuxcnc pathpilot,etc so the 1 product can work with them all.

IF this is something you are interested in please speak up with your ideas on hotkey FUNCTIONS you would want.

(;-) TP

More
28 Mar 2023 18:19 #267716 by Dorro1971
Hi Vmax549

I can't seem to make my email visible...it says it is on my profile edit but it's not...

if you can get in touch with snowgoer540 you have my permission to have my email address, I'm suremhe can pass it on...there's no problem...

Hope you're back on feet soon...and thank you for your help..

More
28 Mar 2023 18:21 - 28 Mar 2023 18:25 #267717 by Vmax549
HERE is alist of some of the proposed hotkeys for PathPilot. Some of those deal with an ATC we use . ALSO a picture of a 48 key Genovation keypad.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Mar 2023 18:25 by Vmax549.

More
28 Mar 2023 18:22 #267718 by Dorro1971
lol that's my idea...lol

cheers

More
28 Mar 2023 18:28 - 28 Mar 2023 18:33 #267720 by Dorro1971
What about Streamdeck?...

very happy to carry out mods...I like the idea of calling sub programs...what about calling an MDI input?...

plesae tell me more...if you can

thank you
Last edit: 28 Mar 2023 18:33 by Dorro1971.

More
28 Mar 2023 18:30 - 28 Mar 2023 22:13 #267721 by Vmax549
You can email me. 
(;-) TP
Last edit: 28 Mar 2023 22:13 by Vmax549.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds