Using Path Pilot for CNC Upgrades

More
27 Apr 2023 00:13 #270020 by rodw

I usually GMOCcapy which works but is missing features and feels kind of dated. I have also used Probe Basic as well but had issues with new hardware getting some of the components to work. 

Yes, I tried to go with probe basic as I know a couple of their team quite well. But in the end, it just was not workable for me on my hardware. I had a look at qtdragon and their recent developments were pretty gobsmacking. Chris (cmorley) has been fantastic and has fixed a couple of bugs I found and has been very patient teaching me how to congigure a custom panel. I think the next person needing a custom panel will find it much easier than I did with the changes made. Hopefully, my GUI will be finished in the next couple of days and then a 1080p panel monitor on order should finish it off.

I have used gmoccappy in the past with a touch screen and a 21 inch monitor. I was frustrated by the distance your habd had to travel on startup (power on, home all etc) as controls were so far away and often on different tabs. I think qtdragon on a 1080p monitor will be the standard moving forward and knock axis off its perch...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2023 12:29 #270061 by Vmax549
Is the QTdragon available as a complete install or do you have to build it from scratch.

(;-) TP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whitebarn

More
27 Apr 2023 12:37 #270063 by rodw
You just need to change 1 line in your ini file to:
DISPLAY = qtvcp -d qtdragon_hd

Then you just need to work throught the documentation to join up a few more pins to enable the advanced features.
I'm just adding a single additional panel for some machine specific features...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whitebarn

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds