Master Branch 2.9, Plasmac files missing

More
30 Jul 2019 20:05 #140975 by LinfieldGarage
Hello All,
I couldnt find the answer through searching or in the Plasmac manual.

I had installed Plasmac from source on LinuxCNC 2.7, and it worked but had some bugs so I copied all of those files to a backup directory, and installed Master Branch through the Synaptic package manager. It works again using my old config files, but the Plasmac configurator and all associated files are not in either of the directories mentioned in the manual.

I was able to run the configurator.py from my backup directory but that only complicates things by creating a bunch of links back to the original directory. I want to start with the cleanest possible install before getting into customizing Plasmac and running the machine.

Has anyone seen this before? Should I copy the Plasmac files to the new Linuxcnc directory?

Thanks,
Jamie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2019 00:06 - 31 Jul 2019 00:45 #140980 by phillc54
If you open your Applications Menu then CNC and then LinuxCNC do the PlasmaC sim configs appear in the Configuration Selector under Sample Configurations - by_machine - plasmac

Edit:
From a terminal what does the following return:
apt-cache policy linuxcnc-uspace
That is assuming you are using master-rtpreempt, if not leave the -uspace off
Last edit: 31 Jul 2019 00:45 by phillc54.

More
01 Aug 2019 12:11 #141097 by LinfieldGarage
Thanks Phil,
The Plasmac samples opened and copied to my home directory as you described.

I also found the configurator.py in the correct folder like the manual suggests: /user/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py

Not sure why I couldn't find it before.
Thanks for the help,
Jamie
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds