Post Processor with CamBam-LinuxCNC

More
20 Feb 2020 00:26 #157910 by markbaenen
I am trying to not reinvent the wheel.
I have a 4' x 8' gantry plasma table powered by a Gecko G540 controller.
Would anyone share their CamBam Post Processor for LinuxCNC?
CamBam's PP Plasma issues a G31 Probe command - LinuxCNC doesn't understand.
LinuxCNC PP in CamBam does not do Stop-Raise-Move-Lower-Start between cuts, it justs cuts continuous.
I don't understand all the macro language, need help.
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2020 01:53 #157915 by rodw
I'm not aware of anybody using CamBam with Plasmac. I don't think its hard to fix. You ,might be able to open the post file and search for G31 and comment it out or delete it.

The post processor does not need to generate any Z axis code but Plasmac strips it out. Plasmac's probing and the like is all controlled internally so Cambam just needs to use M3 and M5 to activate piercing. Motion won't commence until its ready. So you should not have problems there.

More
20 Feb 2020 05:48 #157934 by phillc54
If you post it on here I could take a look. Can't promise anything though.

More
20 Feb 2020 15:10 #158009 by markbaenen
You would recommend SheetCam then? I'm used to CamBam and like like it but have used it in evaluation mode only. Looking to purchase when my new (used) laptop gets here. Probably quite similar once you are over the initial learning curve. Mark

More
21 Feb 2020 07:59 #158094 by rodw
Sheetcam is rather cool and the demo version limits the number of gcode lines which is more than enough to do parts without doing any nesting. It also works on Windows and Linux. So export a DXF file and give it a go and see what you think. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds