Controller hardware suggestions for first DIY build

More
23 Dec 2020 10:26 #192944 by tommylight
We speak Albanian, it definitely has no similarities to any other language. You can hear that often in new movies they use us as bad guys and i do not blame them. ! Just have a look at Taken. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2020 14:07 - 23 Dec 2020 14:09 #192959 by txtrone
:laugh: I will have to watch that movie again.

Last edit: 23 Dec 2020 14:09 by txtrone.

More
23 Dec 2020 15:37 #192974 by tommylight
Oh he was mild compared to our criminals! :)

More
23 Dec 2020 19:49 #193009 by txtrone
War criminals?

The Kosovo War is/was very under reported in the states. To this day I rarely see anything about it, documentaries and such, when compared to other conflicts around the world. Now I want to research it.

More
23 Dec 2020 19:56 #193010 by tommylight

Now I want to research it.

Don't bother, it is over now ! :)
It was messed up, badly, the whole ex Yugoslavia was a terrible mess. FYI, as luck would have it, i was in Croatia when the war started there, so till now i survived 2 f@kin wars !
Happy thoughts ..... :)

More
23 Dec 2020 20:12 #193016 by txtrone

FYI, as luck would have it, i was in Croatia when the war started there, so till now i survived 2 f@kin wars !
Happy thoughts ..... :)

Damn, that is hardcore. I hope life is better now than ever for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
23 Dec 2020 21:11 #193025 by tommylight
Yes it is, although it was much better when i was young, i did not have to work, i spent all days and nights building electronics ... stuff ! :)

More
24 Dec 2020 04:37 #193070 by rodw

So a prox sensor needs +24v and -24v so put them to the bus bar and then the output goes to an input. It does not matter if its NC or NO.

The spaceship is awesome! Also, FWIW, I enjoy telling my coworkers that I chatted with 'the Australian' and he explained it like this... me doing my best Australian accent

Would you mind sanity checking this for me? The blue and brown are the 24+ and 24- ... does it matter which is which? The black is the output wire that connects to the input on the Mesa card, right?

I am going to take the field wiring from the Mesa 7i76e and connect it to the Mesa din mounted 'common' bus bars. Then I will connect those bus bars to the 24v PSU. AND THEN I will connect these blue and brown wires to the 'common' bus bars, sound good?

Yes prox sensors go blue to negative, brown to positive and black to mesa input.

Thanks for you comments re the spaceship. Spaceship Mk2 is evolving slowly.

Very cool. Not my fingers BTW.

As for Tommy, he is fluent in so many languages, it will take you all day to insult him!
Attachments:

More
24 Dec 2020 12:01 #193095 by tommylight

Very cool. Not my fingers BTW.

As for Tommy, he is fluent in so many languages, it will take you all day to insult him!

To clean ??? :)
Yeah, but getting rusty as i have no way of using them here, and since i can not travel, not really learning any other.
For reference: Albanian (native), Serbo-Croatian, English (of course), German, Czech, and a bit of Italian, very little Turkish and Bulgarian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 Dec 2020 12:21 #193101 by Aciera

So a prox sensor needs +24v and -24v

I don't mean to be overly pedantic here but that would be 48V on the sensor. So just for the record -24V is not the same as 0V.
But yes I do realize that you mean the negative terminal of the 24V DC supply. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds