My Cuts are kinda crap

More
02 Oct 2020 22:23 - 02 Oct 2020 22:34 #184639 by Aldenflorio
I'm designing in Inkscape, to which i save the file as "Desktop Cutting Plotter (AutoCAD DXF R14) (*.dxf)" file. I know that you can get Gcode strait from Inkscape, but that doesn't work for me with my computer for some reason, please don't focus on that unless it will fix my problem. then I run that file through DXF2Gcode. I have attached The Inkscape svg file, the Inkscape generated dxf file, and the dxf2gcode gcode generated file.I have also attached several images of its cuts on a single project. As you will see the cuts are uneven, shaky, unfinished and some overall strange. I cleaned it off before taking pictures but I had to twist off and hit off most of the holes or rectangles. The metal is 1/8inch, the feed rate is around 105, I have the proma 150 THC its voltage it set to 108, I’m using harbor freights titanium 45, the motors

( www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/produc...l23h2100-50-4b-cable ),
mesa 7i96, and these drivers

( usa.banggood.com/5_6A-DC-24-50V-57-or-86...ource=googleshopping )

Is there something I'm missing, I'm not sure i know its basically about the feed rate and the distance from the metal to the torch but I've tried many different speeds, and they end up looking great in single line cuts, but then turn out like this. so I'm not sure what else to do
I had to upload them to imgur bc it was too much for to have here. sorry for that

imgur.com/a/oy5odVt
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Oct 2020 22:34 by Aldenflorio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2020 22:26 #184640 by Aldenflorio
Replied by Aldenflorio on topic My Cuts are kinda crap
Also: I know my design isn’t the best and I know how to fix it. I over thought some things and didn’t know how it would look in the end, but this isn’t really about my design

More
02 Oct 2020 23:09 #184645 by thefabricator03
I think your cuts are OK you just need to work on the lead ins as they are messing up your slots and work on the holes. I use a over cut on all my holes by a minimum of 3mm.

You have to realize that plasma is not laser. The cuts will not be perfect like laser cuts are.

More
02 Oct 2020 23:10 #184646 by thefabricator03
Also is that brass? If it is cut settings for steel will be off. You would be best testing on a piece of scrap and playing around with the speeds.

More
02 Oct 2020 23:17 #184647 by Aldenflorio
No it’s not brass. It’s steel. I know they won’t be perfect but I expected better. The circles are sloppy, and other parts are inconsistent. It’s too inaccurate. I’ve “worked with” both lasers and plasma CNCs, the laser is of course much more accurate but other plasma CNCs I’ve worked with are nicer then my current cuts.

That’s part of the thing. I have done test cuts for 3 days and get them to be rather good. I do strait lines bc making real designs would be too much material. These speeds give me great strait lines. But everything else is jacked imo

Yeah I have to find out how to do lead ins and over cuts on Inkscape.

More
02 Oct 2020 23:22 #184648 by thefabricator03
Why not download the trial copy of SheetCAM. At least it will be easy to add the lead ins. There is a post processor for PlasmaC here , forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac...t-processors?start=0

More
02 Oct 2020 23:39 - 02 Oct 2020 23:42 #184649 by Aldenflorio
I’ll do that. Should I try the 32 or 64 bit one?

I’m just disappointed. I was planning on using this combined with my welding to make production worth pieces. I knew they weren’t going to be perfect but I thought they would be better. I don’t think I can call these cuts accurate enough to sell as much other then art. But I hate the idea of selling art.I want part orders from companies

Maybe they will be better as I get more familiar with my machine, so I suppose I’m just “freaking out” a bit.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2020 23:42 by Aldenflorio.

More
02 Oct 2020 23:42 - 02 Oct 2020 23:42 #184650 by thefabricator03
Play around with SheetCAM. Using it I can set up a part in a couple of minutes and have it cut on the table in under 10 minutes and the quality is pretty good.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2020 23:42 by thefabricator03.

More
02 Oct 2020 23:43 #184651 by thefabricator03
That depends on your PC you will be running it on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aldenflorio

More
02 Oct 2020 23:43 - 02 Oct 2020 23:44 #184652 by Aldenflorio
I’ll definitely try it. I don’t like Inkscape too much but out ove everything I’ve tried so far it’s the best imo

64 or 32 bit?
Last edit: 02 Oct 2020 23:44 by Aldenflorio.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds