Plasma cutter error on startup . Temp warning while still cold.

More
14 Mar 2022 03:21 #237184 by Ellen
The reason I joined here was to ask if anybody had a good knowledge of Chinese Plasma Cutters.

I have a "Cut 50"  that refuses to start. when I pull the trigger a buzzer sounds ,I hear a relay click and the red temperature warning light comes on too and it will not start cutting .

Does anybody know please where the sensor for this might be attached ?
I would assume on the finals but sometimes they put them on inductors and transformers and the like . I have looked but nothing is obvious.

I know about the spark gap start setting and I'm pretty sure its right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2022 09:57 #237200 by tommylight
Pictures of the insides, video ?
In the meantime, check if it has enough air pressure, the supply voltage is OK, and check if the electrode/nozzle are properly mounted in the torch. A short in the torch will trigger that error on some cutters.

More
14 Mar 2022 18:50 - 14 Mar 2022 18:56 #237223 by Ellen
        ​​​​​​​  ​​​​​​​[img]/mnt/home/TempSaveKenny/Pictures/Internet cleaned 2022/IMG_20220314_152029.jpg[/img]
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2022 18:56 by Ellen.

More
14 Mar 2022 20:34 #237234 by rodw
Its dead, we tried to repair a similar one and it ended with an even bigger bang!
Well actually we had two cheap machines fail.
Replace it with one with a blow back style torch and ideally with a CNC interface
Even if you can repair it, you are likely to be forever chasing noise related issues due to the HF start.

More
14 Mar 2022 21:47 - 14 Mar 2022 21:50 #237243 by Ellen
Easy to say when its not your money. The temp sensor has probably gone and if I can find it I'll replace it . The plasma cutter  will go again thats certain and I'm not a fan of people who advocate to throw stuff out and buy new . They contribute to the mass of pollution we have to live with now on the earth.

I have a second one that refuses to start also but that is down to the high voltage self starting circuit that nobody seems to understand . When I trace that circuit out it will go again too.

So hopefully someone who has had this problem will come in and help me locate the sensor on this one or I'll strip it ,find it and post its location back here for others to follow.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2022 21:50 by Ellen.

More
14 Mar 2022 22:10 #237244 by tommylight
Last picture, the connector with two white wires, where does it go?
Can not find a sensor,if there is one it should be on the IGBT/MOS FET cooler but there is none.
And as a side note, the sensors very, very rarely fail, granted the temperature does not go above 300C for normal use ones with metal shield.
Power input, delay circuit, rectifier, big capacitor, check the voltage on that capacitor on stand by and when triggered, Next find and check the low voltage supplies, i would venture a guess there is a 5V and a 12 or 24V rails, if there is a sensor there it will be powered from those.
-
And as a precaution, i bare no responsibility, implicit or otherwise, if you end up with smoking hair, burned house, or any other injury or death!

More
15 Mar 2022 07:59 #237298 by rodw

Easy to say when its not your money. 

No but it was my money when my machine failed. And you have two of them too so the universe is trying to tell you something.
I listened to the universe :)

More
15 Mar 2022 08:26 #237303 by Ellen
The force is strong in your universe hey!

More
15 Mar 2022 08:32 #237307 by Ellen
Tommy, agreed on the sensor but if it shows an error there is not much else in that circuit I would imagine . Maybe the relay ,yes and a resistor, a transistor .Should really be an easy fault to find . Dunno on the two wires but Ill look tomorrow morn . Thanks for looking .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Mar 2022 22:06 - 16 Mar 2022 09:28 #237393 by Ellen
The white wires go to the air solenoid.
Took a couple more shots but still cant find it. 
Is there any other way the temperature could be sensed ?

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2022 09:28 by Ellen.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds