Dual torch idea

More
29 Mar 2022 14:35 #238615 by Darium
Dual torch idea was created by Darium
Hi,
I have an idea of building something like a esab crossbow but with one more torch on the other side of the X beam. I have several questions hope you guys can chime in:
1. is it possible to implement dual torch in Linuxcnc? I think it shouldn't be hard but there may be some major roadblocks that I haven't thought about.
2. I plan to use 2 THCAD-300 wire to a MESA 7i96 card. Does it require second encoder interface or can be wire to RS-422 interface?
3. When will Mesa restock? I'm not in the US and my relatives in the US is coming back to my country(Vietnam) in June will there be stocks by that time?
Best regards
Darium

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2022 15:02 #238622 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Dual torch idea
1. Yes it is and depending of what what exactly you want to do with them, might need a bit of logic or a component.
2. There is a firmware for 7i96 for use with Plasma where all 3 encoder inputs are "chanel A' for 3 encoders, so yes you can use 3 THCAD wired to it, no need for RS422.
3. I have no idea, i am waiting for 2 of Mesa 7i92 and a Mesa 7i95 that were in stock a while back at www.eusurplus.com.

More
29 Mar 2022 15:45 #238627 by Darium
Replied by Darium on topic Dual torch idea
Thanks for the speedy responds,
1. alright!!!
2. It needs the reference frequency to work well, doesn't it? and I misread the manual turn out I need and THCAD-10 or 5 for cheap Chinese HF plasma cutter ,can I wire directly to + and - terminal on the plasma cutter with a voltage divider? the wiring got me confused.
3. Hope PCW can share some info on this matter

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds