EasyScriber setup

More
24 Oct 2023 12:57 #283699 by LucasWorx
EasyScriber setup was created by LucasWorx
Has anyone used the EasyScrber attachment with QTPlasmaC and Sheetcam? I'm having trouble getting it setup properly. Right now, it will lower the Z axis until it triggers the float switch (just as usual), but instead of starting to scribe, it raises all the way back up to the top and starts the pattern. I was wondering if anyone has this setup successfully and if you setup a different tool in sheetcam or just modified the parameters of the torch. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2023 13:50 #283703 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic EasyScriber setup
I'm a little confused at how you're using it... depending on the spring pressure, you should be able to just do a "dry run" (torch checkbox unchecked) of the program with the easy scriber in the torch. It will probe, and run at the cut height for the material selected. You might want to make a material that has an appropriate feed rate.

The only way I can think of that you'd have issue is if you subsequently trip the float switch again during the scribe, it would stop the works.

Not sure why it probes and then cuts air at the top, maybe a setting you have set?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds