QTPlasmac won't run gcode from sheetcam

More
27 Dec 2023 02:40 - 27 Dec 2023 02:44 #289139 by BrysonW
Hello,  I'm having a issue here and don't have any idea what direction to go with it.  Another friend and myself just built a plasma table, so far our test cuts have been great.  In QTPlasmac if we set up something to cut in the conversational tab, everything works great.  So the next step is to use a file from something designed elsewhere.  We found a simple square with a circle in it as a .dxf file.  Loaded it up in sheetcam, put the lead in and lead outs on it and ran it using the PlasmaC postprocessor.  To me the code looks ok, when loaded into QTPlasmac everything looks ok, it brings up a picture of exactly what the part should look like.  I zero the machine out where I want it to cut, at this point the actual plasma cutter is not on, but ignore arc ok is checked.  I just want it to go through the cycle.  I hit cycle start and nothing happens, no machine movement, no errors, just absolutely nothing.  Doesn't even highlight any line of code that it may be hanging up on.   It just hangs there with no indication of what it may be looking for.  I have another computer with linuxcnc loaded on it and loaded up qtplasmac in simulation mode on it.  When I load the exact same file it has absolutely no problem running in sim mode.  The little pointer on the screen runs just perfectly through the cycle.  I have attached copies of the file I'm trying to run and my .ini and .hal files.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Dec 2023 02:44 by BrysonW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2023 03:07 #289140 by phillc54
Try starting linuxcnc from a terminal and see if any errors or warning or shown when loading or running your attached g-code file.
Can you post the file created with the BACKUP CONFIG button on the SETTINGS tab after you have tried running your attached g-code file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrysonW

More
27 Dec 2023 04:01 #289142 by BrysonW
Just tried that, no error messages that are out of the ordinary. I get one for a real-time delay, but that is prior to trying to load anything. And that one is there when running stuff set up in conversational too.

More
27 Dec 2023 22:18 #289205 by BrysonW
Got it resolved, had a little help here and over on the Facebook LinuxCNC group, a big thank you to all.  Between those I got pointed in the right direction and after searching through the QTPlasmaC sim hal files and a little google searching.  I was missing a couple lines in the hal related to tool changes.  Added this little section in the hal and all seems to be right with the world now.  I'm assuming this is the kind of stuff the configuration wizards put in there for you.  Another lesson learned for the day.

# Multiple Tool Enable
# Set to 1 to enable a scribe or spotting
setp plasmac.multi-tool 1

# QTPlasmaC toolchange passthrough
net tool:change iocontrol.0.tool-change => iocontrol.0.tool-changed
net tool:prep   iocontrol.0.tool-prepare => iocontrol.0.tool-prepared

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds