Problem loading PlasmaC for the first time

More
07 Oct 2019 12:21 #147323 by Clive S
Phill Well spotted with the [RS274NGC] re the probing It was running so slow I could not see it I had to change the speed in the motion tab.

I seem to have a problem with torch on. Looking in Hallshow at torch_enable it triggers with the Torch-enable button but the torch on LED does not come on.

Also the Ark OK is on all the time.

I have tried putting M3 &0 S1 in the MDI and M3 S1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2019 13:05 #147328 by tommylight
Arcok is on as the default is set to use auto volts, disable that in one of the config tabs, then it will be off untill voltage goes between min volt and max volt set on the other config tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
07 Oct 2019 22:47 - 08 Oct 2019 01:49 #147376 by phillc54

Phill Well spotted with the [RS274NGC] re the probing It was running so slow I could not see it I had to change the speed in the motion tab.

It seems a lot of your problems were caused from the [TRAJ]LINEAR_UNITS = metric line in your original .ini file. "metric" is invalid, it should be "mm". linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...g.html#_traj_section

I seem to have a problem with torch on. Looking in Hallshow at torch_enable it triggers with the Torch-enable button but the torch on LED does not come on.

Torch Enable won't fire the torch, is only enables it to be be fired. It is basically to start your machine in a safe mode.
Torch Pulse will fire the torch if it is enabled.
You cannot fire the torch from MDI because the probing and move to pierce height sequence has not been completed.

Also the Ark OK is on all the time.

As Tom said, you need to have the OK High Volts and OK Low Volts set correctly.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2019 01:49 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

More
08 Oct 2019 08:44 - 08 Oct 2019 08:49 #147440 by Clive S
Thanks again Phil I am getting there slowly, I have never used a plasma cutter or machine so did not know the sequence of procedures that that the software needs to go through for the cutting to start.

It seems a lot of your problems were caused from the [TRAJ]LINEAR_UNITS = metric line in your original .ini file. "metric" is invalid, it should be "mm". linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...g.html#_traj_section

I can't be certain but I am pretty sure I did not put metric in that line . I do know that it can only be mm. That is why I commented it out and had to change it to be able to run.

On looking at my original ini file (before the your configurator) I see metric is in there as well. This was built with JT's configurator for the 7i96 back in September. I will check that out when I get the time. This was never used with any hardware so it got missed.

Did I read somewhere that you have some test code for the spanner that I could use?
Last edit: 08 Oct 2019 08:49 by Clive S. Reason: added text

More
08 Oct 2019 09:09 #147442 by phillc54
It is a steep learning curve.
The spanner/wrench is in nc_files/plasmac

More
08 Oct 2019 10:47 #147444 by Clive S

It is a steep learning curve.
The spanner/wrench is in nc_files/plasmac

Yes I am getting there :)

Is it possible to do a dry run without the the plasma cutter connected to check if the probing is working as expected at the moment it errors out.

I can now fire the torch on relay. but I don't have the slats in the table yet

Attachments:

More
08 Oct 2019 11:15 #147447 by phillc54
Yes, if you run while the torch is disabled it will do a dry run, which is everything except torch and THC.
That error message is saying one of the cut parameters in the Run Panel is invalid.

More
08 Oct 2019 15:03 #147465 by Clive S

Yes, if you run while the torch is disabled it will do a dry run, which is everything except torch and THC.
That error message is saying one of the cut parameters in the Run Panel is invalid.

Success, at last have had it simulating cutting the spanner at 9mr/min with no errors.

Next job is to try and calibrate the the THC-10 not sure how to do this yet. I have tons on this but my brain exploded :silly:

I am using a cut40 scratch start cutter and wired the THC inputs to each terminal via a 1 meg R very close to the terminals.
The output from the THC via a cat5 to the 7i96 encoder.

I have tested the torch on with the cut40 connected to verify the torch firing via the pulse

Is this all correct?

More
08 Oct 2019 16:02 #147468 by tommylight
Yes.
Now comes the hard part of somehow making it actually start an arc?
Is the floating switch working?

More
08 Oct 2019 16:14 #147469 by Clive S

Yes.
Now comes the hard part of somehow making it actually start an arc?
Is the floating switch working?

Yes I have a floating switch and breakaway on different inputs

So you can educate me. That's the hard part :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds