Manually cut off with PlasmaC

More
06 Nov 2019 23:01 #149771 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2019 23:38 #149773 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Manually cut off with PlasmaC
Phill, If you added a run setting for sever width (and maybe the axis for severing direction -eg. x or y) and a button script that simply ran that distance from the current torch position using the current material settings, that would be very quick and efficient.

More
06 Nov 2019 23:46 #149774 by phillc54
I am surprised that this question hasn't come up before (or maybe it did and I forgot).

I am not quite sure what to do here, doing it your way would mean that the machine needs to be homed and Tom wants to be able to operate it even if not homed.

I think I'll have a play and see what I can come up with...

More
06 Nov 2019 23:48 #149775 by tommylight
I would still like to have it the old fashioned way.
The buttons thing complicates things, a lot !

More
07 Nov 2019 00:03 #149779 by phillc54
First issue:

It will need to be homed for this to be effective as you can't jog synchronised joints in 2.8+ and I think most plasma machines will have synchronised joints.

More
07 Nov 2019 00:07 #149780 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Manually cut off with PlasmaC

First issue:

It will need to be homed for this to be effective as you can't jog synchronised joints in 2.8+ and I think most plasma machines will have synchronised joints.

Exactly what my half finished post said. After 2.7, homing is required on a gantry machine

More
07 Nov 2019 16:00 #149853 by danilom
While you are all here I have one more question.
What determines the position of Z axis on the end of cut, sometimes it goes in upper most position but sometimes it goes back down to the material to some height

More
07 Nov 2019 16:09 #149855 by tommylight

First issue:

Yup, forgot that ! Sorry.

More
07 Nov 2019 22:37 #149892 by phillc54

While you are all here I have one more question.
What determines the position of Z axis on the end of cut, sometimes it goes in upper most position but sometimes it goes back down to the material to some height

The best way to run PlasmaC is to have your Z home position at the highest point you want to return to. Once you have homed Z don't do any Z jogging, let PlasmaC handle all Z motion. Hopefully this link linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas....html#_using_plasmac will help a bit. It probably needs to be written a bit better...

More
08 Nov 2019 01:48 #149895 by phillc54
I have pushed an update with this feature named Single Cut for want of a better name.

It has the way Tom wanted and also a way similar to what Rod suggested.

pic from user guide

extract from the user guide

It has also got me thinking that it may not be too difficult to add some simple conversational stuff, say rectangles, circles, etc.

Maybe on a new tab called Conversational.

Is this worthwhile?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds