error after Plasmac setup

More
25 Nov 2019 00:46 #151177 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic error after Plasmac setup

But if you go to the trouble of ordering a THCAD, you might as well add a 7i96 to the order and be done with it. Its really the cheapest THC available.

Even cheaper without the 7i96 ;)

The plasma cutter i ordered has a 1/50 torch head voltage divider built into it. couldn't i use run that into and arduino analog input then write a bit of code to output one pin or another based on voltage readings, then i could use Plasmac mode 2 for the z control

That would be possible. Mode 2 was really designed for configs where there was an existing external THC (Proma or similar).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 00:53 #151178 by bright
Replied by bright on topic error after Plasmac setup
crude it may be but i already have a dozen or so arduino's laying around and my build budget cant handle a THC at the moment lol.
yeah i will add a zener diode to protect my input pin and a capacitor for a noise filter if it doesn't have one built in already
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

More
25 Nov 2019 01:21 #151181 by thefabricator03
Please keep us posted on how it works out with the Arduino, I am very interested to see how it goes.

More
25 Nov 2019 11:04 #151208 by tommylight
It does work with arduino, but the 1024 values are just enough to do the job.

More
25 Nov 2019 12:03 #151211 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic error after Plasmac setup

There are some other higher precision A-D converters that are compatible with the Arduino. I've got one here. but have no idea where it is to give you a part number.

More
25 Nov 2019 12:21 #151213 by tommylight

There are some other higher precision A-D converters that are compatible with the Arduino. I've got one here. but have no idea where it is to give you a part number.

Thanks but no thanks, i went that route once before THCAD came out, costed way to much time and money with the the end result being a to damn fast THC that can not be used at those speeds. Also got some TI voltage to frequency converters sitting in a bin somewhere in the shop, never used.
At the price the THCAD is, nothing else is reasonable, nothing! Not even an arduino or ESP32 (have plenty of those too) with it's 12 bit inputs and two processors and wifi and bluetooth connectivity built in.
Made two of those, one is working every day for some years now, the other is dismantled here to remind me not to go that route ever again!
BTW, thank you very much, Peter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds