THCAD-10 Mode

More
04 Dec 2019 13:51 - 04 Dec 2019 13:52 #151991 by little_sparky
THCAD-10 Mode was created by little_sparky
Hi All,

Super quick question. I just really want to be sure, using a THCAD-10 with plasma C, is this mode 0 or 1?

(0=Use external arc voltage in to calculate Arc Voltage and Arc OK or 1= Use external arc voltage in to calculate Arc Voltage, Use external arc ok in for Arc OK)

And if its 2 then I have been up way past my bedtime haha

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 04 Dec 2019 13:52 by little_sparky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2019 14:03 #151995 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic THCAD-10 Mode
Mode 0.
Mode 1 needs two more wires to plasma power source for arc ok from it. If it does not have the pins for that ( no CPC port on the plasma ) that will require more wiring and a reed relay or an induction coil with a normal relay to be added to plasma source.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, little_sparky, shizyo

More
05 Dec 2019 12:05 #152058 by shizyo
Replied by shizyo on topic THCAD-10 Mode
I have Hypertherm 45 with ArcOK output on the cpc. I can use either mode 0 or 1 but choose to use mode 0 now. I am thinking of swapping to mode 1 to see any difference. Is there any benefit of using mode 1 over mode 0?

More
05 Dec 2019 15:08 #152073 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic THCAD-10 Mode

Is there any benefit of using mode 1 over mode 0?

Not really, it just takes a bit of trial and error to find reliable min and max values for the ARCOK. It does work perfectly well with most plasma sources.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shizyo

More
07 Dec 2019 07:09 #152220 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic THCAD-10 Mode

I have Hypertherm 45 with ArcOK output on the cpc. I can use either mode 0 or 1 but choose to use mode 0 now. I am thinking of swapping to mode 1 to see any difference. Is there any benefit of using mode 1 over mode 0?

I think it would be foolish to use a Synthesized ArcOk (Mode 0) on a machine that has an ArcOK signal provided (eg is designed for CNC use).

Remember that a Plasma cutter with ArcOK will have its own logic outside of the CNC controller in relation to arc restarts etc which is intertwined with the ArcOK signal management. So by using a synthesized signal, there is a high probability the two systems will get out of step with each other as you are not using the plasma device in the way in which the manufacturer intended. One symptom of this I have observed might be cutting dotted lines becasue the CNC machine is moving when there is not a valid arc because the machine turns off the arc (and ArcOK) and attempts a restart.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds