Is it convenient using Plasmac without an Arc Voltage signal? (External THC)

More
30 Jan 2020 21:04 - 30 Jan 2020 21:05 #156205 by GGG3
Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to configure Plasmac to function with the THC I have. With it the "ArcVoltage" signal will not reach the PC only the "ArcOk" when the torch starts.

The THC I have that has its own ohmic probe, checks the voltage, controls the Z motor, and turns on/off the torch. What it needs is the signal to "start" and "end" the cut. Also you can send signals for disable automatic THC and move z axis manually.

I want to use some of Plasmac's features like disabling the THC in some trajectories and the cut statistics for example. Even if I can't give full use of Plasmac.

Do you recommend this? If it's possible, which mode of PlasmaC should I start off to adapt to my THC? Does anyone know any reference I can use for the adaptation?

PS. I'm attaching the manual of the THC I have if you want to know it.

Thank you very much.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 21:05 by GGG3. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2020 07:41 #156236 by bbsr_5a
Plasmac is to be configuration as you like on the same PIN setup as you are on Axis
it benefits with some PLASMA/LASER/Waterjet Functions normal Machines dont need
you can configure it like you want to work
so YES
The following user(s) said Thank You: GGG3

More
31 Jan 2020 12:54 #156249 by tommylight
What THC ?
You can use it without voltage.

More
31 Jan 2020 17:32 #156263 by GGG3
Hello,

Thank you for your comments.

The THC I'm using is the "PTHC-2" from Heavth, is a chinnese one so it's a little hard to google it, I uploaded the manual in the first post.

To use plasmac without the ArcVoltage and without ohmic probe or float switch. Should I simply comment the lines for it in the hal file?

Also, if possible I want to use the ClassicLadder to setup some logic since I'm familiar with it. In the guide I undertood that it says you can activate the classicLadder programing after the PlasmaC configurator is done. How do you activate it? Or should I activate it when the stepconfig is being setup? I pretend to use Axis.

More
31 Jan 2020 22:42 #156277 by phillc54
PlasmaC can be used without arc voltage in Mode 2.
This mode is for an external THC similar in style to a Proma Compact 150.
It is not really designed for use with the type of THC that you have as is tries to do many of the same functions as PlasmaC.
It would be quite a major job to disable/remove all the parts of PlasmaC that are incompatible with your THC.
If you want to fully utilise your THC I think you would better served creating a GladeVCP panel to suit.

More
01 Feb 2020 01:22 - 01 Feb 2020 01:22 #156281 by rodw
I had a bit of a look in your manual and it seems there are a couple of modes in your THC as well.
Its not designed to control a conventional Z axis but a PWM motor to raise and lower the torch so you could use one of the cheap Chinese lifters.

I think I would skip Plasmac and build a simple XY table with axis or Gmoccappy.
You would simply connect spindle.0.on and spindle.0.at-speed to your THC unit

This means probing would start on an M3 and when the arc was established, LinuxCNC motion would commence as soon as it sees the spindle.0-at-speed signal. The torch would turn off on an M5.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2020 01:22 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, GGG3

More
05 Feb 2020 13:36 #156591 by GGG3
I understand, thank you very much for your comments.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds