Plasmac Post Processors

More
23 Oct 2020 23:01 #187047 by benbenben
Replied by benbenben on topic Plasmac Post Processors

DenkBrettl wrote: I've created a fork and added the change as described above:

github.com/DenkBrettl/plasmac_sheetcam_postprocessor

If some people that before had the issue mentioned above could try this out and also a few people with different operating systems and locale settings, it would be nice.
Once there's some feedback I'll create a pull request and then we can merge it into the official branch.

Thank you Brettl,

i ran into the same error, reported in this thread on page 4 or so,
what i did was, that i removed the function "tonumber" and "hardcoded" the value as 1e-6, so i avoided the "compare to nil" issue as well as the mixed up decimal delimiter issue during spotting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2020 23:22 #187048 by benbenben
Replied by benbenben on topic Plasmac Post Processors
Also i wanted to share my PP for Solidworks (Camworks). it is basically a copy of phils Sheetcam PP.

Its not fully tested, so always check trough the gcode, for my spotting, marking etc it works. No scribing and it is setup for a metric machiene .

the attached Plasma001.ctl is the compiled PP file. Under your machiene setup in camworks point to this file. The file location should also contain the attached info files with Plasma001_L.rtf,Plasma001_S.rtf, Plasma001.pinf and Plasma001.lng

it might be necessary to compile the PP on your machiene yourself. U need to download the UPG (universal post generator) from the camworks site. You open the source file Plasma001.gpsd in the EC Editor (The UPG wont recognize the file, u cant open it with the UPG). Under the section Library files u change the path to the Plasma001.lib file to the location you have it on your computer, the same for the Master Library file from camworks Mill.Lib.

You save the Plasma001.gpsd file and now in the UPG Program you go to File--> compile source and select the freshly edited Plasma001.gpsd. After sucessful compilation, select it again in your solidworks machiene setup and regenerate the toolpaths.

that should do the trick
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
23 Oct 2020 23:27 #187049 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Plasmac Post Processors

benbenben wrote: Also i wanted to share my PP for Solidworks (Camworks).

Thanks, I have added a link to the first post.

More
17 Dec 2020 04:00 #192219 by little_sparky

phillc54 wrote: SheetCam post processor Revision F including a terse manual and toolset

Also available from GitHub

Pull requests for bug fixes and/or enhancements are welcome.

Hi Phillc,

This might sound like a very basic question but after reading through your post processor and the docs I am still unsure how to change the velocity reduction when cutting holes. At the moment I think it is set to 80%??, I would like to set it to 60%, how do I go about this?

More
17 Dec 2020 04:58 #192225 by phillc54
It is set in the Code Snippet in plasmac.tools at 60%

More
17 Dec 2020 12:05 - 17 Dec 2020 12:10 #192240 by little_sparky
sorry Phill, please excsue my ignorance, I am a bit lost here.

So is the code snippet found in sheetcam or plasmaC?

I thought that PlasmaC automatically sensed holes smaller than 32mm and turned off THC and reduced the velocity, or am I understanding this wrong.

Thanks
Last edit: 17 Dec 2020 12:10 by little_sparky.

More
17 Dec 2020 12:24 #192243 by phillc54

little_sparky wrote: sorry Phill, please excsue my ignorance, I am a bit lost here.

No worries.

So is the code snippet found in sheetcam or plasmaC?

That is applied by SheetCam. If you copy the contents of that file and paste it to the end of your SheetCam tool file then you will end up with those cutting rules and code snippets in SheetCam then you can apply them to a operation. If you have existing tools in the tool file you will need to renumber the [Tool0] thru [Tool5] so are continued on from your existing tool numbers.

I thought that PlasmaC automatically sensed holes smaller than 32mm and turned off THC and reduced the velocity, or am I understanding this wrong.

It can, but you need to add magic comments to enable this.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...de.html#hole-cutting

I should get off my butt and write a SheetCam postprocesser for that way of doing things.

You could probably do that by Insert Code in the operations section and at the prompt enter None for code snippet and enter say #<Holes> = 1 in the text entry

Thanks[/quote]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, little_sparky

More
17 Dec 2020 16:34 #192258 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac Post Processors
I would just provide a variable in the post processor header that enabled this feature and output the required code. Then users could decide it they wanted to use the feature or not. Those that do could set the variable to true.

One day I will get off my butt and finish my pull request that publishes the arc radius as a pin so this could be done in hal without any gcode.

More
21 Feb 2021 14:20 #199615 by kramerda
Replied by kramerda on topic Plasmac Post Processors
Hi All - after reading through entire post I thought I just check to see if the latest version for the Plasmac PP (Version F) is the one referenced on github or is there something else somewhere in the works?
Thanks
Dennis

More
21 Feb 2021 22:10 #199656 by phillc54

kramerda wrote: Hi All - after reading through entire post I thought I just check to see if the latest version for the Plasmac PP (Version F) is the one referenced on github or is there something else somewhere in the works?
Thanks
Dennis

Yep, that is the latest.

Moderators: phillc54
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds