PlasmaC memory leak

More
10 May 2020 01:35 #167216 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC memory leak

danilom wrote: maybe this ....



Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 349, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 218, in main
handlers, mod, obj = load_handlers(opts.usermod,halcomp,builder,opts.useropts)
File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 120, in load_handlers
mod = __import__(basename)
File "./plasmac_stats.py", line 1
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/plasmac_stats.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax


I don't know where that line is coming from:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...mac/plasmac_stats.py

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 19:23 #167297 by danilom
Replied by danilom on topic PlasmaC memory leak
Installed 2.8 and all is working fine .
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2020 01:04 #167316 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC memory leak
Thanks, I haven't had time to take a better look yet. I think I would stay away from master for a while until they sort out all the Python3 stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 04:06 #168648 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC memory leak
I just put in a PR for this, it was from the state tags merge into master.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/866
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 20:51 #168719 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic PlasmaC memory leak

phillc54 wrote: I just put in a PR for this, it was from the state tags merge into master.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/866


Interesting. I wonder what triggers it? I left mine (I'm on 2.9) sit for over 2 hours the other day and the memory didnt go up at all. Perhaps maybe I needed to do something though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 23:22 - 24 May 2020 00:55 #168743 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC memory leak

snowgoer540 wrote:

phillc54 wrote: I just put in a PR for this, it was from the state tags merge into master.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/866


Interesting. I wonder what triggers it? I left mine (I'm on 2.9) sit for over 2 hours the other day and the memory didnt go up at all. Perhaps maybe I needed to do something though.

You should be able to see it, mine was about 3Mb per minute.
The text widget that displays the active gcodes has the option of an undo/redo buffer and for some reason it was being enabled although according to the tkinter docs the default is disabled. It is updated around 6 ~ 10 times per second so each update adds the existing codes to the buffer size.
Last edit: 24 May 2020 00:55 by phillc54. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2020 15:33 #168799 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic PlasmaC memory leak

phillc54 wrote:

snowgoer540 wrote:

phillc54 wrote: I just put in a PR for this, it was from the state tags merge into master.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/866


Interesting. I wonder what triggers it? I left mine (I'm on 2.9) sit for over 2 hours the other day and the memory didnt go up at all. Perhaps maybe I needed to do something though.

You should be able to see it, mine was about 3Mb per minute.
The text widget that displays the active gcodes has the option of an undo/redo buffer and for some reason it was being enabled although according to the tkinter docs the default is disabled. It is updated around 6 ~ 10 times per second so each update adds the existing codes to the buffer size.


Weird. I definitely dont see that. I've been meaning to go to the buildbot 2.8, it's just hard to pull the trigger when at the moment, everything is working as it should (I think, have to do some more THCAD testing).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2020 23:29 #168837 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC memory leak
Maybe it is version dependent, I use the Stretch ISO.

If you are happy using master then that is fine, just don't be surprised if something breaks. Usually breakages are repaired reasonably quickly. If you do commercial work I would recommend 2.8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: phillc54
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum