I don't have an Arc OK

More
23 Jun 2020 13:33 #172468 by KaleD
Replied by KaleD on topic I don't have an Arc OK
The lead would make a magnetic field with the ferrite ring and the hall affect sensor is manipulated by that. Am I understanding that correctly?

This solution doesn't require me to change too much. I might have something kicking around. I'm in a rural area so shipping new stuff takes weeks if I'm lucky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2020 20:52 #172504 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic I don't have an Arc OK
Yes, the alignment of the sensor may be important to be N-S aligned. So long ago I saw the idea.

There is a encoder component you can use with a parallel port some people have used. I think the reduced the thcad hardware divider to 1/128 or something.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/encoder.9.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaleD

More
23 Jun 2020 21:54 #172507 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic I don't have an Arc OK

The lead would make a magnetic field with the ferrite ring and the hall affect sensor is manipulated by that. Am I understanding that correctly?

This solution doesn't require me to change too much. I might have something kicking around. I'm in a rural area so shipping new stuff takes weeks if I'm lucky.

I used the method here forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/39386-i-don-t...rc-ok?start=0#172416

Very simple and works well the reed switch came from an alarm contact it has never failed

More
24 Jun 2020 00:47 #172521 by KaleD

Very simple and works well the reed switch came from an alarm contact it has never failed

I might have to figure out some junk to cannibalize that might have a reed switch.

More
24 Jun 2020 09:10 #172551 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic I don't have an Arc OK
Satellite dish motors have reed switches on them.
And i do have a THCAD wired directly to parallel port with the 1:32 setting on it as the PC is running with the base thread set at 20000 with no latency errors ever. That is just plain luck. :)

More
24 Jun 2020 14:24 #172594 by KaleD
I've been looking into getting a THCAD. I think if I go Mesa I'll get a control board too. I have to pay international shipping so I might as well get everything.

I had something that looked like progress yesterday on my Arduino THC. So I'll keep at it for now.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds