Error opening Linuxcnc/Plasmac after update and upgrade

More
30 Jul 2020 15:22 - 30 Jul 2020 15:27 #176529 by dvn4life1972
I noticed that my plasmac ver. on this machine was v134. So, I decide to go ahead and update/upgrade and when I go to open linuxcnc/plasmac I get this error. This was not the case prior to the update/upgrade, it opened flawlessly.

The .tcl file (included here as a .txt so it would upload) has a warning at the top saying not to make changes. Can anyone help?

Edt: added txt file of error report
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2020 15:27 by dvn4life1972. Reason: added file for error report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2020 15:29 #176534 by snowgoer540

I noticed that my plasmac ver. on this machine was v134. So, I decide to go ahead and update/upgrade and when I go to open linuxcnc/plasmac I get this error. This was not the case prior to the update/upgrade, it opened flawlessly.

The .tcl file (included here as a .txt so it would upload) has a warning at the top saying not to make changes. Can anyone help?

Yes, Phill added that pin to the .tcl to correct some stuff that was going on with Plasmac (fixed some bugs).

Open your <machine_name>.hal and comment out the following line (put a # in front of the line):
net spindle-manual-stop   halui.spindle.0.stop

While you're in there, comment these out as well:
net spindle-manual-cw     halui.spindle.0.forward
net spindle-manual-ccw    halui.spindle.0.reverse

Should be good to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, dvn4life1972

More
30 Jul 2020 15:47 #176537 by dvn4life1972

Yes, Phill added that pin to the .tcl to correct some stuff that was going on with Plasmac (fixed some bugs).

Open your <machine_name>.hal and comment out the following line (put a # in front of the line):
net spindle-manual-stop   halui.spindle.0.stop

While you're in there, comment these out as well:
net spindle-manual-cw     halui.spindle.0.forward
net spindle-manual-ccw    halui.spindle.0.reverse

Should be good to go.

That did it, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds