Plasmac 7i76e thcad 10 will not probe

More
03 Aug 2020 00:55 #176976 by phillc54

I have the voltage scale and offset in the .hal file near the bottom.

The config folder I sent was everything I had simply zipped it and uploaded. Unless you needed the base folder as well (the one I used as a baseline for plasmac) Do you know what program is responsible for creating the missing files? PnCConf?

The config files are created by PlasmaC itself. The one I am most interested in would be test_15_config.cfg there should also be a test_15_wizards.cfg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2020 01:25 #176979 by Foldaround
Ok so I double checked and those files are definitely missing from my latest config folder "test_15"

So I went back and checked earlier versions and found that around 60% of them have quite a few more files (12 instead of 21) including the ones you mention.

I thought creating new configs when I changed things would be a good way to reference back and forth. Looks like it was creating problems.

More
03 Aug 2020 01:31 #176982 by phillc54

Ok so I double checked and those files are definitely missing from my latest config folder "test_15"

So I went back and checked earlier versions and found that around 60% of them have quite a few more files (12 instead of 21) including the ones you mention.

I thought creating new configs when I changed things would be a good way to reference back and forth. Looks like it was creating problems.

The structure of the config directory was changed in V0.140 (July 02) It took out all the plasmac souce links and put them in the plasmac directory so the only files in the root of the config were machine specific files. All this should be handled automatically by PlasmaC, there should be no need to copy files. If you did copy from an old directory structure and PlasmaC saw the new version then it would not fix the directory structure.

More
03 Aug 2020 01:42 #176983 by Foldaround
Ok that brings up a few things.

I was running the plasmac python script using mostly the same base .hal and .ini before every change and let plasmac create the config files. No copy and pasting.

I originally setup the machine In June I believe and then a couple days ago (before I hopped on here and bugged ya) tried to update everything in hopes that it would solve some of my issues.

Should I go back to one of these older configs that seems to be complete and just add everything for the THC ect. or am I looking at wiping the machine and starting fresh :/

More
03 Aug 2020 01:50 #176985 by phillc54
I would first make sure your LinuxCNC is up to date then either:
1. If you have an old config that was working you could make a copy of that in your config directory then run LinuxCNC/PlasmaC then it should update itself.
2. you could create a new config by running the configurator:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma..._to_the_base_machine
use the hal and ini files from test_15/backups as the input files for the configurator (assuming your base machine hasn't changed)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foldaround

More
03 Aug 2020 01:56 #176987 by Foldaround
Sounds good. Thank you so much Phill! Ill give that a go first thing tomorrow.

More
30 Nov 2020 21:04 #190710 by Foldaround
Late response (life) but for anyone who has read this far the solution to this mess was like Phillc54 mentioned to simply update everything before you run the Plasmac configure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds