arc lost error puzzle

More
04 Aug 2020 10:10 #177207 by Clive S
This is a bit strange. The arc ok was lost at all the red circles and it was generally at 120mm from the start including the zigzag.
The distance was the same. We did notice that in the "single cut panel" 120mm happens to be in there from previous cuts.

This is its first proper cut with the vid that was sent to me.

The Z probing is now sorted.
Phill on another note that I read you mentioned about loading a blank file from your code this might not help but it is done in the ini file with OPEN_FILE = ""
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2020 10:24 #177209 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic arc lost error puzzle

This is a bit strange. The arc ok was lost at all the red circles and it was generally at 120mm from the start including the zigzag.
The distance was the same. We did notice that in the "single cut panel" 120mm happens to be in there from previous cuts.

That is odd, the single cut shouldn't effect anything. I guess set it to zero and see what happens

The Z probing is now sorted.

It seems odd that when it returns to the start of the next cut it moves up, is the probe height set really high or are they individual jobs strung together.

Phill on another note that I read you mentioned about loading a blank file from your code this might not help but it is done in the ini file with OPEN_FILE = ""

That just tells it to not load a file on startup, Greg would like it to remove the loaded file.

More
04 Aug 2020 11:13 #177213 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic arc lost error puzzle
Looks to me like the plate is pretty bowed in that area. I wonder if the THC isn't fast enough to keep up with the drop? Maybe needs a little more P gain?

My other thought was if it had anything to do with the slats, but it doesn't look to me like it's really even on the slats in that area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
04 Aug 2020 12:30 #177228 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic arc lost error puzzle

Looks to me like the plate is pretty bowed in that area. I wonder if the THC isn't fast enough to keep up with the drop? Maybe needs a little more P gain?

My other thought was if it had anything to do with the slats, but it doesn't look to me like it's really even on the slats in that area.

See this: forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/39641-solved-...bing?start=10#176520

Ha Ha. It was cutting the slats. The strange is they were all in the region of 120mm from the start of cut. But we will experiment with this

More
04 Aug 2020 12:50 #177234 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic arc lost error puzzle
From the video:
- feed rate to fast,
- THC speed to low,
- probe heigh is set much higher than travel heigh

More
04 Aug 2020 13:04 #177239 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic arc lost error puzzle

See this: forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/39641-solved-...bing?start=10#176520

Ha Ha. It was cutting the slats. The strange is they were all in the region of 120mm from the start of cut. But we will experiment with this

Oh yea, I forgot about that video.

I agree with Phill that the 120mm is a coincidence. First, I would only have expected to see it on the straight edges if the single cut was somehow affecting it, and second when you get the valid arc signal lost error, it's because it has more motion to go when it loses the flame (and thus the arc-ok). You'd think that if it was following the 120mm cut in the single cut area that it would have expected it to stop. At any rate, stranger things have happened. What did the back side of the material look like along that 120mm line?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds