Pendant manual cut in PlasmaC/Gmoccapy

More
25 Aug 2020 06:04 #179319 by phillc54
Oops, I was looking at the wrong Hal file. :blush:

Yep, that one looks better...

I'm flat out at the moment so as soon as I can I will get Gmoccapy on my table (I hope it dosn't hurt it ;) ) and test what I can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 07:28 #179327 by CFE
Thanks Phil, and yes, I hope Gmoccapy doesn't bugger up your table !

Cheers, Peter

More
26 Aug 2020 04:39 #179490 by phillc54
I got Gmoccapy onto my machine and it works fine here. I have a different pendant but the pendant does work as do the keyboard jog buttons and the GUI jog buttons.

More
30 Aug 2020 22:49 #180115 by CFE
Hi Phil,

I got a chance to have a look at the pendant cut this morning. I have tried a couple of different things, but to no avail. I did observe this : if i follow the instructions for "Manual Single Cut In Gmoccapy" as per documentation, and I execute M3 S1, then the torch probes and fires, but then lifts up while the torch is still on, and it starts to repeat the same thing. And it doesn't react to any key (enabled in Hardware settings), GUI jog buttons or pendant buttons.

We use the plasma cutter in mode 0, since we had trouble getting the Arc OK to work. The machine works fine with this when executing a program, but I don't know if this affects the Manual Single Cut ?

Cheers, Peter

More
30 Aug 2020 23:25 #180120 by CFE
Hi Phil,

I am pretty sure we upgraded our installation 2 weeks ago, but PlasmaC shows v0.141 in the config settings ? The latest update should be v0.169 according to your list ? I thought PlasmaC upgraded itself, or do I have to upgrade LinuxCNC to do so ? I am a bit hesitant to do that, we've had issues a while ago when we upgraded LinuxCNC, not a good experience.

Cheers, Peter

More
31 Aug 2020 00:46 - 31 Aug 2020 00:53 #180124 by phillc54
In Gmoccapy as soon have you have entered M3 S1 then you have to switch back to manual mode.

To update you need to update LinuxCNC.

Edit: the mode should have no effect.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2020 00:53 by phillc54.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds