How best to use this height sensor

More
26 Aug 2020 12:18 #179531 by mariusl
Awesome Phill thanks a lot. I will machine the bracket today and fit tomorrow. I will report back

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2020 12:34 #179532 by Clive S

Awesome Phill thanks a lot. I will machine the bracket today and fit tomorrow. I will report back

Its a nice idea but looking at the vid. it seems to sense the highest point ie. I notice where the metal warps up to the left of the torch that is where is sensed to and not where the actual torch was it does the same at other locations.

Just my 2 c worth

More
26 Aug 2020 12:56 #179534 by snowgoer540

Its a nice idea but looking at the vid. it seems to sense the highest point ie. I notice where the metal warps up to the left of the torch that is where is sensed to and not where the actual torch was it does the same at other locations.

Just my 2 c worth

I actually thought the same...

More
26 Aug 2020 13:04 #179537 by tommylight

Just my 2 c worth

I actually thought the same...

+1
I did try that way some 8 years back, it did not work, it gets to the edge of the material or over a part that has already fallen off and it goes ....... :)
That is just an expensive and annoying way to save 70$ for a Mesa THCAD.

More
26 Aug 2020 13:33 #179541 by mariusl
Point taken. The sensors are only 30mm from the center point of the torch so not a lot of space for serious warping.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
26 Aug 2020 14:22 #179547 by snowgoer540

Point taken. The sensors are only 30mm from the center point of the torch so not a lot of space for serious warping.

But as Tommy says, tip ups and all that nonsense are going to be attracted to those height sensors like moths to flames.

More
26 Aug 2020 19:08 #179566 by mariusl

Not if you live in my country. To get is here with courier and import duties it will be $140 and at 17.5 to the dollar, it looks really shitty on my end. So not exactly true :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
26 Aug 2020 19:18 #179568 by rodw

Not if you live in my country. To get is here with courier and import duties it will be $140 and at 17.5 to the dollar, it looks really shitty on my end. So not exactly true :)

Well, you could just use a couple of relays like this proven method for ohmic sensing.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...r.html#ohmic-sensing

More
26 Aug 2020 20:28 #179576 by tommylight

Damn, i thought i am the only one here having to jump through a lot of hoops to get Mesa stuff! Last 4 of THCAD i got came to about 115$ a piece.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds