Choosing a compressor for plasma cutting

More
11 Sep 2020 16:33 #181770 by Todd Zuercher
The ones with built in variable speed drives are very nice, They just hum along matching speed to demand maintaining a constant pressure, and using a lot less energy. We recently upgraded our shop supply from a few of Atlas Copco GS18 compressors (two vfds and one single speed) to two GA45, 60hp units (one VFD, one single speed). Yes, we use a lot of air, with 3 automated paint lines, numerous sanding booths, and a bunch of air tools and other stuff. I can't imagine doing all that with piston compressors, ick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2021 06:28 - 15 Aug 2021 09:24 #217792 by aliced
Looks nice! How is it going buddy? 
I'm actually looking for a

Link removed
Last edit: 15 Aug 2021 09:24 by tommylight.

More
15 Aug 2021 09:23 #217797 by tommylight

Looks nice! How is it going buddy? 
I'm actually looking for a but I bet yours is netter anyway, huh

@Aliced
No spaming, you get banned for that.
Link removed.

More
07 Sep 2021 19:01 #219870 by fernandosf
I don't know how things are in your countries, but compressors of a single stage have a loss of about 50% from the theoretic air flow per minute. If the compressor is capable of 10 cfm theoretically, you can expect 5 cfm real.

compressors with 2 stages (where the second cylinder takes the output from the first cylinder) have a loss of 30%

screw compressors have near no loss.

More
07 Sep 2021 19:56 #219877 by billykid
screw compressors are better in almost all respects, the air demand must be calculated well, better if they run continuously at the right temperature, otherwise many stops and starts tend to accumulate water in the oil.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds