Cannot get arc-ok in Mode 0

More
07 Dec 2020 21:56 #191359 by phillc54
I thought you installed a reed relay and were using Mode 1 in which case you would not have OK High and OK Low settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2020 05:12 #191384 by viesturs.lacis
No, not yet. I have ordered the reed relay, but I am not sure, when will I receive it. But I wanted to get the machine going ASAP, so I decided to try in mode 0 and then, if the relay works, switch to mode 1

More
08 Dec 2020 06:12 #191386 by phillc54
I don't think you will have much luck with a HF start machine and Mode 0, I am fairly sure anyone who has tried has ended up using a reed relay and Mode 1.

More
08 Dec 2020 07:45 #191393 by tommylight
I do have machines with HF and Mode 0 working, it is a bit tricky but doable.
But if the grounding and shielding is not properly done it will not work no matter what.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
08 Dec 2020 09:51 #191402 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Cannot get arc-ok in Mode 0

No, not yet. I have ordered the reed relay, but I am not sure, when will I receive it. But I wanted to get the machine going ASAP, so I decided to try in mode 0 and then, if the relay works, switch to mode 1

You can get reed switches out of house alarm window and door contacts. That is what I have used.

More
08 Dec 2020 14:47 #191424 by tommylight

You can get reed switches out of house alarm window and door contacts. That is what I have used.

Or from old satellite dish motors.

More
23 Dec 2020 06:20 #192930 by viesturs.lacis
Hello!

First I just wanted to post a little follow-up: the reed switch approach was successful and the machine is working and they are now in : "testing and learning" phase, so I wanted to thank you for your patience with me!

And then there is one more little question. The problem is that after starting up the machine and homing all joints, if I run the "majas 2 test5.ngc" it will skip probing the torch to material. But with "majas 2 test1" everything works correctly. The tricky part is that if I run "majas 2 test5" AFTER "majas 2 test1", then it also works correctly - it probes against material surface etc. It is sufficient just to start running the "majas 2 test1". If I abort right after it got to first pierce point and started the probing, I can abort it and then also "majas 2 test5" also will work. But then going to home position and restarting LinuxCNC, homing joints and reloading "majas 2 test5" will reset it to skipping the probing move. Open the "majas 2 test1", start running it and abort, and then also "majas 2 test5" will be ok. Any ideas, what is that? The only difference between the files SHOULD be setting the feedrate - in test1 it is F word with particular number, but in test5 I posted the syntax to look up HAL pin value to get feedrate from PlasmaC
Attachments:

More
23 Dec 2020 06:25 #192931 by phillc54
#5 is missing the S word, you should also designate a spindle number:

eg M3 $0 S1

There is a PP available from a link here:

forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac-post-processors#158270

More
23 Dec 2020 06:32 #192932 by viesturs.lacis

#5 is missing the S word, you should also designate a spindle number:

eg M3 $0 S1

There is a PP available from a link here:

forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac-post-processors#158270

Awesome, thank you!!!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds