Weird Behavior Started

More
04 Dec 2020 00:24 #190994 by MakingStuff
I noticed today that the THC UP and Down lights on my setup were both lit at the same time causing the torch to stay at the same height, as if there were no torch control at all. The THC is only lighting up one pin at a time on its display. After doing some investigating I noticed that as soon as the arc lights on my torch, every input pin on my Mesa 7i96 lights up (goes high). Everything is the same and nothing has changed in my setup. I disconnected all of the inputs (motors,limit switches, e-stop, etc.) and hit the pulse button on PlasmaC and the pins still light up, but very dim, when the torch comes on. I am wondering why it is just the up and down pins that are registering with PlasmaC? For instance, the float switch and limit switches do not activate but the Up and Down does?

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this question, but I have no clue where to go elsewhere and ask this question. This is obviously noise from the torch, but what could have changed that would cause this? I have never had noise issues with the torch before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2020 00:43 #190996 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Weird Behavior Started
My guess is that maybe a ground signal has become unconnected

More
04 Dec 2020 00:51 #190998 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Weird Behavior Started

My guess is that maybe a ground signal has become unconnected

+1

More
04 Dec 2020 17:23 #191045 by MakingStuff
Replied by MakingStuff on topic Weird Behavior Started
I solved the noise problem. Checked all the grounds and they were good. So I added some filter caps on the input pins and it solved the noise issue.

However, I still notice that there are times when both the Up and Down indicators on the screen are lit at the same time. Most of the time it is at the end of a cut. The LEDs on the break out board are not both on at the same time. The THC seems to be working fine now. Just thought it was wired that both indicators on the screen would be lit at the same time. Maybe it happened before and I just didn't realize it.

More
04 Dec 2020 18:11 #191051 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Weird Behavior Started

Just thought it was wired that both indicators on the screen would be lit at the same time.

The LED's on the GUI take a while to update, so it is OK if they are both on for short periods of time, i see that every day.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds