Plasmac updated to the wrong disto

More
05 Dec 2020 01:48 #191092 by Foldaround
Late last night while installing my new reed switch arc ok I decided it was a great time to upgrade linuxcnc. I used the offline install method with buildbot.linuxcnc.org and made a wonderful error installing the "scratch-rtpreempt" reading it as "stretch-rtpreempt". Not realizing my mistake until the next day I processed to chase errors until I could finally connect with my CNC machine. Now my issue is when I did this it updated my current working .hal .ini files (I thought I had a recent backup but it wasn't as recent as I would have hoped...yikes).

So I uninstalled that version and installed the correct version 2.8.1 for my machine but when I run the plasmac configurator and create a new file using my current .ini .hal files as the base it still has alot of what seems to be development stuff going on. I have double tabs for the config, statistics, extras in axis which I'm pretty sure isn't normal.

So my humble question is how to I revert back?

Im pretty sure the answer is to run pncconf again and start the build all over from scratch but that process is a pain as Im now running THCAD 10 driven THC, THCAD 5 driven ohmic sensor, and my new reed switch arc ok.

Feel free to tell me to stop dragging my feet and rebuild, I just thought I would reach out and see if easy street was an option :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2020 01:55 #191094 by phillc54
If they are your only issues, edit the ini file and remove duplicate gladevcp entries in the [DISPLAY] section.

More
05 Dec 2020 02:08 #191097 by Foldaround
Fixed!

Phill let me know where to send the beer :)

More
05 Dec 2020 02:12 #191098 by phillc54

Fixed!

Phill let me know where to send the beer :)

Haha, funny you should say that, I only have two left in the Esky and we haven't started lunch yet.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds