Watchdog has bit! Unexpected real time delay

More
13 Dec 2020 05:46 - 13 Dec 2020 06:08 #191809 by little_sparky
Hi All,

I have seen a couple of different forums on this topic and dove into it a little bit on the second half of this thread. However the problem is back after I thought it had disappeared.

I am unsure if the problem is PlasmaC related or not (highly doubt it is) but I had recently run the machine for 30 hours without the error and now all of a sudden I have a huge job coming up and the error is coming up very 5 miniutes. (Not sure if the warmer weather has any effect, trying to find some excuse I think haha)

There are other forums out there that discuss similar problems but do not really have a solution.

My next bet is to try a new ethernet card but I really want to try and fix it.

Does anyone have an advice?

Thanks in advance
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Dec 2020 06:08 by little_sparky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2020 05:47 #191810 by little_sparky
Is there also a way that you can just completely ignore the error and allow the machine to keep cutting?

More
13 Dec 2020 08:31 #191820 by tommylight
That can not be ignored.
Get another PC, that is the easiest and cheapest solution.
Some PC will not work, managed to find some lately.

More
13 Dec 2020 08:45 #191823 by rodw

Is there also a way that you can just completely ignore the error and allow the machine to keep cutting?

Without going into your config, I would look at incfeasing these values in your ini file
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
STEPGEN_MAXVEL = 700
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 2000
The following user(s) said Thank You: little_sparky

More
13 Dec 2020 08:47 #191824 by little_sparky
thanks tommy.

Is there a recommended PC?

I bought a HP dx2000 MT computer just because the opportunity presented itself but it is rubbish, latency was horrific.

I also bought a gigabyte GB-BACE-3160 second hand but it was no good too, it just keeps freezing as soon as I open it (i would be happy to send this to someone if they want to play around with it).

So I am open to anything to replace my current dell optiplex 990.

More
13 Dec 2020 08:50 #191825 by tommylight
@Rodw
I do not think that would help, it is loosing connection to mesa board due to latency.
There is something to try that might help, set the servo period to 2000000 ( 2 mill ) and set the P term to 500 for all the joints/axis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: little_sparky

More
13 Dec 2020 08:54 #191827 by tommylight
Pretty sure Rod has a Gigabyte Bace that works fine, i was looking to buy one two nights ago.
Also Dell should work, i did have some 910's that are running machies daily without issues.
Did you disable all the power saving stuff in BIOS and C states and hyperthreading etc?

More
13 Dec 2020 08:58 #191828 by little_sparky

Without going into your config, I would look at incfeasing these values in your ini file
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
STEPGEN_MAXVEL = 700
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 2000

what would you recommend? Doubling them?

Also, woud changing the watchdog timeout value or servo period help this situation?

More
13 Dec 2020 09:00 - 13 Dec 2020 09:02 #191829 by little_sparky

Pretty sure Rod has a Gigabyte Bace that works fine, i was looking to buy one two nights ago.
Also Dell should work, i did have some 910's that are running machies daily without issues.
Did you disable all the power saving stuff in BIOS and C states and hyperthreading etc?

Yeah I did some research into them and a lot work fine but there was a number of cases that had the same freezing issue I have and there isnt anything you can really do about it, just luck of the draw with that particular model, guess thats why the person was selling it.

and yeah i think i deleted everything I could, there is some screenshots here of everything i did in the BIOS, unsure what hyperthreading is though?
Last edit: 13 Dec 2020 09:02 by little_sparky.

More
13 Dec 2020 09:25 #191831 by rodw
From what I can work out the BIOS has changed since I bought mine (which is still in use today).

I occasionally get a latency error but never when I'm running a program.

I very rarely have the PC lock up but never when running a program.

Increasing those numbers is not really recommended but helped me. Don't go overboard. Try 150%

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds