valid arc lost program is paused

More
27 Jan 2021 00:49 #196692 by shizyo
Hi, I installed Plasmac 2019 but haven't got time to use the machine until a couple months ago. I upgraded Plasmac to the latest version and tried to cut some small circle and square. I got some divots and the lead in/leadout place so I tried using the "torch off before end" path rule(M62 P3) to minimize the divots. But I always got the "valid arc lost program is paused" at the end of the cuts. I already added the debounce to Arcok and set the plasmac.arc-lost-delay to 0.3 but still get the error. BUT the funny thing is if I don't use the torch off before end path rule then I DON'T get the error. I can add lead out, overcut and the machine cuts happily(with a big divot though). Did I do something wrong on SheetCam, Plasmac or is there a problem with the code M62 P3 which will turn off the torch in the Hypertherm plasma cutter and plasmac gives the error and pauses? I'd like to attach the gcode and some other pictures for reference. Thanks.

File Attachment:

File Name: plasmaexam...d1mm.zip
File Size:1 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2021 23:36 #196851 by tommylight
The only thing you can really change regarding the divot is the "pierce delay", set that to 0 on thin materials up to 3 or 4mm.
The divots will not disappear, they are a product of the pierce and the material moving sideways till the arc goes through the material.
Over-burn is a different issue, it is caused at the end of a cut while the arc is being extinguished, also not much can be done, but it is less noticeable, and the "torch off before end path" is for this.
In general, never use a lead out when plasma cutting.

More
28 Jan 2021 00:29 #196863 by shizyo
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that I will get some divot at the start/end of the cut so that's why I tried using the "torch off before end" path rule(M62 P3) to minimize the divot. But what I don't understand is why I get the "valid arc lost program is paused" error message at the end of each cut if I use "torch off before end" path rule(M62 P3) and NOT when I don't use the path rule? The file I got the valid arc lost error message is just a small 50mm outside square and 26mm inside circle and I use the default 0.5mm torch off before end, no leadout and 0.25mm overcut .
Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2021 00:36 #196865 by phillc54
What version of PlasmaC are you using and is it LinuxCNC 2.8 or 2.9

More
28 Jan 2021 01:07 #196869 by shizyo
I am using PlasmaC v0.189 and LinuxCNC 2.9.0.

More
28 Jan 2021 01:33 #196873 by phillc54
The following user(s) said Thank You: crowloy

More
28 Jan 2021 01:56 #196875 by shizyo
Thanks for the reply but I tried that(arc-lost-delay 0.3) and add the debounce as well as mentioned in the first post but it didn't help. I also tried to change from Mode 1 to Mode 0 but same result. My problem is if I use M62 P3 command, I will get the error message. Is there anything else you want me to try?

More
28 Jan 2021 02:22 #196877 by phillc54
I "think" the problem is that you disable the torch, move a short distance then enable the torch again before moving again. It would most probably error when you enable the torch again as the should be no Arc OK signal. For example in the square:
m62p3 (Torch Disable) (Before end)
g1x37.223y55.400
m63p3 (Torch Enable) (Before end)
g1x39.723y55.400

More
28 Jan 2021 03:35 #196889 by shizyo
You are right! I moved the line "m63 p3" to the end of the file and no more the valid arc lost error message. So that means I need to modify a Gcode file manually every time I run it? Is there any way to do it automatically by adjusting somthing in Sheetcam or the post processor?

More
28 Jan 2021 03:40 #196890 by phillc54
You would need to edit the rules so that the torch turned back on after the last move.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds