qtplasmac error message

More
02 Aug 2021 16:22 #216712 by crowloy
After the latest update which changed over to python3, I had an interesting time updating and running qtplasma. I still have this error which doesn't appear to be very important as qtplasmac is running, but it would be nice to get rid of this as well.

hm2/hm2_7i92.0: registered
[QTvcp][INFO]  Logging to "/home/colten/git/qtplasma/qtdragon.log" (logger.py:100)
run_string(from interpreter import this): 
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

ImportError: __import__ not found

[QTvcp.QTVCP.QT_PSTAT][INFO]  Using DEFAULT handler file path: /home/colten/git/linuxcnc/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py (qt_pstat.py:97)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2021 19:30 #216741 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic qtplasmac error message
2.9.0-pre0-4365-g0e4582b09

Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1053, in file_loadedmsg, xMin, yMin, xMax, yMax = self.bounds_check('loaded', 0, 0)File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1543, in bounds_checkif self.gcodeProps == 'in':TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

created a line in conversational, sent if to the main screen, and threw an error..... + shut down

thought I'd add it onto this thread as it may be python3 related.

More
02 Aug 2021 23:15 - 02 Aug 2021 23:31 #216754 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic qtplasmac error message
If you guys start linuxcnc from a terminal does it give any hints in the terminal output about missing modules?

Edit: It may be worth setting the default python to python2 on a system wide basis:
linuxconfig.org/how-to-change-from-defau...sion-on-debian-linux

then running the Qt install script:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...c.html#qt-dependency

Last edit: 02 Aug 2021 23:31 by phillc54.

More
03 Aug 2021 03:17 #216778 by phillc54

2.9.0-pre0-4365-g0e4582b09

Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1053, in file_loadedmsg, xMin, yMin, xMax, yMax = self.bounds_check('loaded', 0, 0)File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1543, in bounds_checkif self.gcodeProps == 'in':TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
created a line in conversational, sent if to the main screen, and threw an error..... + shut down

thought I'd add it onto this thread as it may be python3 related.

This issue is fixed.

More
03 Aug 2021 03:40 #216779 by phillc54

After the latest update which changed over to python3, I had an interesting time updating and running qtplasma. I still have this error which doesn't appear to be very important as qtplasmac is running, but it would be nice to get rid of this as well.

hm2/hm2_7i92.0: registered
[QTvcp][INFO]  Logging to "/home/colten/git/qtplasma/qtdragon.log" (logger.py:100)
run_string(from interpreter import this): 
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

ImportError: __import__ not found

[QTvcp.QTVCP.QT_PSTAT][INFO]  Using DEFAULT handler file path: /home/colten/git/linuxcnc/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py (qt_pstat.py:97)

Could you post the config backup, the mention of qtdragon.log seems a bit odd.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html#qt_backup

More
03 Aug 2021 16:27 #216849 by crowloy
Replied by crowloy on topic qtplasmac error message
here's the config files. I've been running qtplasmac for quite awhile just updating the git repo and running 
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2021 09:41 - 04 Aug 2021 11:46 #216896 by phillc54
OK, the qtdragon.log was leading me up the wrong path, I see you have that specified in the .ini file.
I set your config up as a sim and could not see the issue.
It would be worth trying it with the "LOG_FILE = qtdragon.log" line commented out.
Failing that it may be worthwhile for you to set the default python on your PC to python3.
linuxconfig.org/how-to-change-from-defau...ion-on-debian-linux/
Then after doing that run the qt install script:
/home/colten/git/linuxcnc/lib/python/designer/install_script
You won't need the designer part of the script.

Edit: If you update then you won't need to set the default pyhton version, I have pushed a change to the install script so it is python3 only.

Last edit: 04 Aug 2021 11:46 by phillc54.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds