Velocity anti dive

More
13 Oct 2021 17:10 #223033 by paulsao
Velocity anti dive was created by paulsao
Greetings, I am making some test cuts that contain very small pieces and I observe that the VAD function is activated which is so that the torch does not sink, the THC turns on and off several times so it is ruining the cuts and producing some ripples in the metal, is it possible to improve this? with some suitable VAD percentage, or do you have any suggestions for me. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2021 17:34 #223098 by RDA
Replied by RDA on topic Velocity anti dive
Without knowing anything about your part size, the cut speed or acceleration.
Im just giving some generic info.

If you have small parts with example sharp corners the machine is constantly accelerating and decelerating and maybe never even reaching the cut speed, well as you say it does turn the AVC control ON sometimes then it does.
As the arc voltage changes also based on speed without locking the height you would see it moving up and down and maybe even crashing to the plate. As the z-axis tries to maintain a set voltage its just going to follow the changing arc voltage (speed changes).
Now if you look at your small parts and then take a look at your plate, in that very small part, would you assume the plate warping? If the parts are so small that the plate is not warped in that specific ”part area”,then most probably the height control is not even needed?

More
14 Oct 2021 17:47 #223102 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Velocity anti dive
Thanks for your answer, set VAD to 60% and it worked wonderfully, the VAD led no longer activated and the cuts came out without oscillations since the thc was on and working. Now I am with problems in Fusion 360 radio problems to end of arc error and I can not solve it happens in some cuts not in all I already tried to vary the tolerance in diameter of the torch and I can't fix it, maybe you know that?

More
14 Oct 2021 20:01 #223113 by RDA
Replied by RDA on topic Velocity anti dive
My first guess would be that there are arcs that are smaller than your kerf? You were talking about ”very small” parts so maybe in that case you have smaller arcs than your kerf?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds