Pncconf issue?

More
02 Nov 2021 03:16 #224945 by Jflesburg
Pncconf issue? was created by Jflesburg
I've made the switch to QtPlasmaC after getting my machine mostly sorted out and cleaned up. 

This time, setting up my configuration, I have been letting pncconf modify all my files for me instead of manually changing things in the .hal and .ini.  I think I have most of it set up and functioning, but I still have some tuning to do with speeds, etc.

I've been reading that the pncconf had been broken and there were some issues/bugs, and I seem to have run into one.

I saw a couple of videos where a USB game controller was used as external jogging control, and I had one so I started playing with it.  The driver seems to load ok, but when I am in the "Test Device" screen and the hal meter is up confirming inputs, when I go to close those windows, I don't get the last "Close me When done" window and the system hangs.... until I unplug the USB device.  As soon as I unplug the device, the window will pop up and the "External Controls" screen becomes active again.

I don't know if this is an issue with pncconf, or my cheap USB game controller.

If I unplug the USB device and continue on with pncconf, it completes and the configuration files function correctly.  Perhaps more of an annoyance rather than an issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2021 05:13 #224950 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Pncconf issue?
This is a recently known pncconf issue. Thanks for the details.
It shouldn't affect the uses of the screen with a USB joystick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds