QTPlasmac and mesa7I96 questions

More
14 Nov 2021 10:32 #226446 by rodw
The laser is a special case as it has seperate support so read the docs
For the pump, have a look at the timedelay component

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2021 13:15 #226461 by snowgoer540

the second to turn on the pump to fill the water table. this one I want on a timer to enable me to press an forget knowing that it will run long enough to fill the table, but not so long that overfills or runs the pump dry.

Check out pulse-halpin. That’s what I’m going to use for this exact scenario. Then when the time period has elapsed, you could still use the pulse button just by clicking it and clicking it again to turn it off, etc.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...html#qt_button-pulse

More
14 Nov 2021 14:21 #226471 by RDA
Thanks,

I will need to playaround and just try to test different stuff to wrap my head around this.

My first mistake was that, I was editing the wrong config file, why editing the postgui.hal I probably forgot to reboot linux cnc while trying to get it to work. Now I am able to get the ext_out pins to work.

Thanks to you and Phil.

Am I completely off on creating my own hal pins if I assume I need to write my own hal component? So example start reading the docs about "Creating Userspace Python Components".

More
14 Nov 2021 14:37 #226472 by snowgoer540

Am I completely off on creating my own hal pins if I assume I need to write my own hal component? So example start reading the docs about "Creating Userspace Python Components".

I've read back through this thread, and I admit I'm with Phill (this post: forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/44180-qtplasm...ions?start=10#226205) in that I am not really sure I follow what you're trying to accomplish.

Overall, I'd say don't feel too discouraged, the HAL stuff can be a bit confusing to wrap your head around, especially at first. My recommendation would be to ask based on a specific use case, and it will be easier for us to help point you in the right direction.

More
14 Nov 2021 19:25 #226504 by RDA
Yeah I am sorry, reading back these posts and I would be confused as well.

The original ”issues” are solved.

My last post was more a generic one (would probably be best to create new threads with spesific questions).

I am looking just to playaround to see how easy its to wrap my head around HAL. I am a bit confused as what is read where, what files reference to each other etc. Just making and toggling IO pins to me is probably the easiest to start.

A lot of rev HAL manuals are written in a way that you need a generic idea how these work/link to each other. Im just looking for a starting point to get used to this.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds