Gcode for enabling disabling VAD

More
12 Nov 2021 12:24 #226217 by bevins
Is there a gcode for enabling and disabling Void Anti-Dive?
I can add it to ruleset in Sheetcam but I need to know if there is a gcode available?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2021 17:26 - 12 Nov 2021 17:28 #226235 by snowgoer540

I can add it to ruleset in Sheetcam but I need to know if there is a gcode available?

There isn't a way to enable or disable Void A/Dive via G-Code, but you can disable the THC (which is what Void A/Dive does automagically). If you were doing sheetcam rules, you could just disable the THC in areas where you expect to have issue with void crossing, or slugs falling out.

Otherwise, an update to the code that handles void sensing is in the works, and should allow the user to just leave it enabled "in case of emergency" (some unforseen event where the torch would dive, like running off the end of the plate during a single cut to sever, etc).
Last edit: 12 Nov 2021 17:28 by snowgoer540.

More
12 Nov 2021 18:06 #226236 by bevins

There isn't a way to enable or disable Void A/Dive via G-Code, but you can disable the THC (which is what Void A/Dive does automagically). If you were doing sheetcam rules, you could just disable the THC in areas where you expect to have issue with void crossing, or slugs falling out.

Otherwise, an update to the code that handles void sensing is in the works, and should allow the user to just leave it enabled "in case of emergency" (some unforseen event where the torch would dive, like running off the end of the plate during a single cut to sever, etc).

OK we were having issues with after a hole it would dive, that's why we wanted to disable it automagically within the rules of sheetcam. The pressing issue is why is it doing it after a small hole cut with a hole rule that drops the speed which should in turn disable thc. 

More
12 Nov 2021 18:25 #226237 by tommylight
Remove lead out's.

More
12 Nov 2021 18:27 - 12 Nov 2021 18:36 #226238 by snowgoer540
It’s hard to say without seeing the gcode, etc. honestly… which Mode do you use?

another thought is you could halscope the THC status, with the VAD status, and the Z offsets to see if the THC was really disabled while the Z offsets were changing.  

I say that because the gui significantly lags what is actually happening in the lcnc code.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2021 18:36 by snowgoer540.

More
12 Nov 2021 18:46 #226240 by bevins

Remove lead out's.

That's what I suspect is happening but not sure. Will be going there tonight and will see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Nov 2021 18:51 #226242 by bevins
In Sheetcam if you do an outside layer/offset and do leadins, when you go to do inside offset the leadins are left there and you have to manually remove them or else you will get them in your gcode. I think he didn't remove them when he did his inside operation.

He is in the process of doing 720 pieces on a job with 1300 pieces. He said he isn't changing anything until the 720 batch is done. 
Will look at it after this. But he is manually disabling the VAD for the profiles for now.

More
12 Nov 2021 22:14 #226249 by phillc54
The current iteration of Void Anti Dive is pretty ordinary. We are currently testing a new version which looks promising and it should not be too far away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds