Voltage Scale and Auto Volts

More
11 Jan 2022 05:50 #231399 by tommylight

It is in the config that was posted forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/44512-voltage...olts?start=20#229583

That is on the third page of that topic, after chasing our tails for several days and coming up with all kinds of (now imaginary) solutions.
Had that info been posted on the first post, by the third post it would have been fixed and done with, most of us here know very well that encoder counting on a parallel port works perfectly, right until it passes the speed capability at what point it starts to spew out randomly random numbers. < not a typo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2022 09:55 #231420 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Voltage Scale and Auto Volts
Well said Tommy, I don't download zip files of configs and I'm sure you don't have the time either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Jan 2022 02:21 #231515 by CFE
Replied by CFE on topic Voltage Scale and Auto Volts
Hi all,

My apologies for not mentioning that we use a parallel port setup, but it simply did not cross my mind that this would have something to do with the problem. I am sure anyone who works and/or sets up QtPlasmaC daily would have pointed us in the right direction if I had supplied all the details of the machine, but alas, I didn't. Nor do we set up machines like this daily, we use the machine to cut stuff daily. Next time we run in an issue I will make sure that I will post a complete list of the machine components, up till the last nut and bolt.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Jan 2022 05:48 #231526 by phillc54

Well said Tommy, I don't download zip files of configs and I'm sure you don't have the time either.

What is the preferred format for users to upload their configs?

More
12 Jan 2022 05:57 #231528 by tommylight

ZIP ! :)
Not much difference really, tar is safer from the compression side of things but the content can still contain unvanted stuff on both types.
Self extracting ZIP on the other side, run, run ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
12 Jan 2022 08:41 #231536 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Voltage Scale and Auto Volts

Some may prefer an archive but if I can't read config on the forum here, It is very unlikely I will download an archive, decompress it and review it.

More
07 Feb 2022 02:08 #234212 by CFE
Replied by CFE on topic Voltage Scale and Auto Volts
Hi all,

I just wanted to update you all and say that our plasma cutter runs like a clock after inserting that jumper on the THCAD in the 1/128 spot. We have cut anything from 1.6mm thin steel with a FineCut tip, 5mm chequer plate with a 65A tip and 25mm thick plate with a 125mm tip without any problems. The torch height controller is very responsive, even at high cutting speeds and the tip close to the material we haven't seen problems. Thick plates are also not an issue, just a nice clean cut without much of a bevel.

Again a big kudos to the developers of this piece of software !

Cheers, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, rodw, snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds