QtPlasmaC conversational gcode

More
20 Mar 2022 19:20 #237847 by robertspark
this is a bit of a shooting the breeze question.

I was curious about how the conversational gcode was generated, and I was quite surprised at the fairly long or complex python files 

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...cp%2Flib%2Fqtplasmac
I have been dabbling with NCGUI and thought that was quite simple to allow for the available ones to be expanded..... 

hence I was wondering if there was any way to have a sort of interpreter file that is able to read and display parametric NC files as this may allow for the number of conversational widgets to be easily expanded and therefore allow for a bit more of a community effort.

maybe my quick look at the python files just did not let me get my head into them, or how to expand them for other shapes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2022 19:24 #237848 by robertspark
maybe a standard boilerplate code?

More
20 Mar 2022 22:09 #237859 by phillc54
There are probably many better ways to do this than the way it currently is. It basically grew from one original shape so it was easy at the time to just copy the first shape then make appropriate changes for the new shape. There is a LOT of common code in most of the shapes. I don't have the time or inclination to rehash it but I never knock back a PR that improves things. I would at some time like to change the block so that it creates individual shapes rather than subroutines so then it wpuld be possible to do run from line in a block.

More
21 Mar 2022 13:55 #237918 by aabtech
Hi, phillc54 I want to know if QtPlasmaC conversational gcode can convert your own SVG and DFX file to Gcode in QtPlasmaC

More
21 Mar 2022 22:24 #237967 by phillc54
Sorry, no it cannot.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds