(Solved) Axis randomly going Fast! Been at it for Days!

More
06 Sep 2022 14:31 - 06 Sep 2022 14:42 #251298 by Kenneth50055
Hello! first time poster since I Really need some help this time around I've build my own cnc plasma cutter with PlasmaC. When it works, it works like a charm.The problem I have is that once in a random while the X or the Y axis goes super fast while the plotter on screen shows it followed the normal rout (see pictures) 
I've changed motor driver, cables, pretty much every setting in the HAL and INI (apart from the right one probably) I even changed out the whole computer! nothing seems to make a difference. I really hope someone on this forum can help me out!!
(The motor drivers are hanging loose in the picture and have a debug wire going to a oscilloscoop since I have been testing stuff)

Many thanks to everyone!

Greetings, Kenneth
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Sep 2022 14:42 by Kenneth50055.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2022 15:52 #251308 by tommylight
Hmmm this is all a guess:
Those are "TB6600" drives that do not use TB6600 but sommething with TB nnS109, a much better Toshiba chip, chinese ones, is that correct?
Also you have them set at 1/32 microstepping, or maybe 1/16 ?
-
Set the drives to 1/4 microstepping, change the scale in the ini file, do some test cuts, the issue should be gone.
-
If that is the case, there is no easy solution, the DIP switches on some of those drives are very bad quality and will ocasionaly touch inside switching from 1/32 to 1/4 microstepping.
I have 24 of those, 16 work perfectly, while 1 of the latest batch had this issue, took me a week to figure it out as the machine was some 12KM far.
I did open the offending one and all that came in that shipment and cut the traces going to DIP switches, then added wiring for the ground plane as it has to be cut. Now they are pegged at 1/32.

More
06 Sep 2022 19:43 #251343 by Kenneth50055
Thanks for your reply and insight!i already had a hunch it could be the switched but didn't find anyone else mention it.I've opened them up and now hard wired them. Also a great time to add some new thermo goop! And these are indeed the S109 chips.I will test them out tomorrow and give you a update!Thanks for sofar! Greetings, Kenneth
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Sep 2022 13:40 #251402 by Kenneth50055
First test was a success! Ish.
lost another day trying to work out that Qtplasmac doesnt need Z movements while my old post processor did use them and plasmac didnt care.

Needs some further testing but for now it looks good!
Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2022 19:45 #252361 by Kenneth50055
Hello! Sorry for the late update.
But the machine hasn't skipped a beat with these mods!!
So annoying that such a little thing like a dipswitch can throw a whole machine off.

Anyhow Thank you very much for your time and maybe till a later date!

More
19 Sep 2022 20:59 #252366 by tommylight

But the machine hasn't skipped a beat with these mods!!

Nice.

So annoying that such a little thing like a dipswitch can throw a whole machine off.

Yeah it had me baffled for a while chasing my tail! :)

Anyhow Thank you very much for your time and maybe till a later date!

You are welcomed, always.

More
19 Sep 2022 21:03 #252367 by tommylight
Marked the topic as solved, i have a feeling this will become more prominent with time.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds