qtplasmac LASER + camera

More
11 Nov 2022 16:19 #256444 by Mud
qtplasmac LASER + camera was created by Mud
Hi all, is there an issue with having both LASER and camera in qtplasmac? If I enable the camera I don't get the 'Mark Edge' button, so can't set the WCS that way. If I hit LASER I get the documented behaviour and it works well, although as you can see in the attached image the camera crosshairs don't align with the edge (though the WCS does indeed track the edge). I'm running 9:16 aspect ratio if that makes a difference.

Out of interest, is it possible to jog in work coordinates?

Aside, I'm on the late commissioning steps (just blasted some 1mm steel so far) - I'm feeling spoiled by qtplasmac :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2022 16:23 #256446 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic qtplasmac LASER + camera
Sorry, no sooner do I ask I realise I'm at least partially at fault! I do have the correct behaviour with the camera, I didn't realise the mark edge was located in the view frame (rather than changing the button, as per LASER)...

More
12 Nov 2022 20:12 #256529 by snowgoer540

Out of interest, is it possible to jog in work coordinates?

I assume you mean showing the G53 offsets on the DRO while you jog around? If so, then it is not possible currently. I do wonder, what is the workflow/reason for wanting to see the machine coordinates on the DRO?

I cant say as I've ever wanted it, on any of my CNC machines. It seems irrelevant, so I am curious to learn how others do things.

This thread might help a bit, I should mention that you aren't the only one to ask for this recently.

forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/43381-showing...-coordinates?start=0

More
12 Nov 2022 20:16 #256530 by Mud
I mean the jog unit vectors to be aligned with G54/etc., the keyboard cursor keys always move in G53 directions don't they?

More
12 Nov 2022 20:21 #256531 by snowgoer540
Oh, I understand.  No, there's no way to jog on the angle for you that I am aware of.  It will jog with respect to the machine axes, yes.  The DRO does update accordingly though. 

More
12 Nov 2022 20:25 #256532 by Mud
Not to worry, I'm finding enough workflow niceties in qtplasmac that I don't miss that much.

It is nice if you can see your WCS offsets somewhere in case you need to recover from a weird situation (say, a powercut), but the workaround with a blank G55/etc. should be adequate.

More
12 Nov 2022 21:03 - 12 Nov 2022 21:04 #256537 by snowgoer540
Glad you are enjoying it, what are you coming from?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2022 21:04 by snowgoer540.

More
12 Nov 2022 21:21 #256539 by Mud
I had plasmac with a GYS 40FV torch, but in the qtplasmac move I've also swapped to Hypertherm 45xp with CPC and serial, and added a LASER cross and camera for good measure.

I'm familiar with 840D - if I'm missing a feature it's probably from being spoilt by those.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds