error on closing QTPlasmaC

More
13 Dec 2022 21:32 #259370 by acourtjester
I am running Debian 11 with QTPlasmaC newest version and all seems to be going fine, ( some clean up to do).  When I exit QTPlasmaC I get this error message and don't know what to do about it, very little Linux experience.  This is a the bottom of the error message and from what I have read is the important part.  I have clicked on the build report but have no idea where it goes so I can send that if needed for more info.
Thanks Tom

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2022 22:44 #259372 by tommylight
Moved to "PlasmaC" section.
-
First time i see "BadAtom" error, probably couse i do not like QT despite it looking amazing, so that should not be a big deal.
Now, from "canot unhome" till the last "program is paused" is worrying if it did happen after you shut down LinuxCNC, or maybe it is left overs from when the first error occurred till the last one occurred?
The last one refers to extra arguments in the ini file, in the "display" section by the looks of it.

More
13 Dec 2022 22:57 #259373 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic error on closing QTPlasmaC
The segmentation fault is a known issue that only happens on shutting down a QtVCP application. There has been some work done on it but it is not yet complete. It shouldn't cause any other issues so don't be too concerned about it at this stage.

The BadAtom I have no clue about...

The others are logged messages that you most probably saw while operating the machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Dec 2022 03:16 #259405 by acourtjester
Thanks for the reply, so maybe something happened while running QTPlasmaC that was not real bad so no error was shown until it was closed. I will look to see if maybe I did not notice any at the time. Would having the complete report help, if so I will try to locate it and send it here.
Thanks again

More
14 Dec 2022 03:28 #259411 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic error on closing QTPlasmaC
Most LinuxCNC errors and messages will appear in the status tab and in the machine log files in the config directory. I doubt that the BadAtom error will be there as it seems to be a Qt error.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds