jogging disabled if float switch triggered

More
19 Jan 2023 08:28 #262388 by rodw
I have recently upgraded qtplasmac but I can't remember what the version number is that I carefully wrote down at work!

I also recently repaired my float switch which has been busted for a few years (ohmic sensing rocks!)

I noticed that if jogging the z axis and you trigger the float switch, jogging is immediately disabled and the only way I could recover was to rehome the Z axis. Is there another method?

There are lots of good reasons you may wish to jog down to trigger the float switch for testing etc (which I was doing). I don't understand why everything is disabled in all directions. If jogging is happening, it implies a human is in full control and the torch is off so I don't understand why the machine overides a human operator! 

Is there a way that the Z axis up jogging was permitted to recover from this fault? Its very time consuming to wait for homing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2023 08:34 #262389 by phillc54

More
19 Jan 2023 08:43 #262392 by rodw
Thanks, I figured you had a setting somewhere. 
I still don't understand why jogging is disabled in the first place. If you are jogging the Z you are watching the torch tip anyway.

More
19 Jan 2023 09:04 #262397 by phillc54

I still don't understand why jogging is disabled in the first place.

Because if we didn't have that feature and you broke your torch while jogging then you would complain about that.

More
19 Jan 2023 09:05 #262398 by rodw

I still don't understand why jogging is disabled in the first place.

Because if we didn't have that feature and you broke your torch while jogging then you would complain about that.

Probably

More
19 Jan 2023 09:10 #262399 by snowgoer540
This is also an option:

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...og_inhibit_via_z_jog

I can’t recall because it’s intuitive at this point but you may have to press z+ twice (gui or keyboard). Once to turn off the inhibit and once to move the z axis up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds