THCAD charge from mode 1 to mode0?

More
02 Apr 2023 11:40 #268064 by Ekholm
Hi! I have diagnosed that my reed relay fort the arc ok is not working. I don’t get a signal when firing my plasma. So i’m thinking about changing from mode 1 to 0. Can I do that without running the wizard? What do I need to change? And what is then suitable max and min voltages? I’m going to contact my Chinese supplier for the plasma for a new relay, but this is a quicker way for me to be up and running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2023 11:45 #268065 by Clive S
A picture of how you have the reed switch configured would help.

Ie. have you wrapped the cable around it about three turns.

More
02 Apr 2023 12:47 #268068 by tommylight
Also, reed will not trigger when firing the torch, only when cutting.
Use some scrap to check while the DVM is in buzzer mode and both leads wired to both reed terminals.

More
02 Apr 2023 13:34 #268072 by tommylight
No double posting, the other topic deleted as it was copy/paste of this with the same tittle.

More
02 Apr 2023 14:38 - 02 Apr 2023 15:08 #268073 by Ekholm
Sorry for double posting. Thought that I failed to post the first time. The plasma cutter is a Herocut 55X with a cnc port. I have tried measure with a multimeter and I get no contiunity when the arc is established. I can see on the 7i96 that it ain’t receiving the signal. So I think the relay is bad

i feed a 24v signal (direct from power supply) to reed relay/ arc ok port and has it connected to input of 7i96
Last edit: 02 Apr 2023 15:08 by Ekholm.

More
02 Apr 2023 16:08 #268087 by tommylight
Clive asked for pictures, get us some pictures.
Find or borrow or buy a very cheap DMM (digital multi meter) cost from 5$ and up, use it to check stuff.
-
Insisting on "Mesa shows no signal" implies you have already tested and verified everything up to it, and then set everything up properly in hal and ini.
That is way to many things that can mess the results, from miss wiring (Mesa input 1 is NOT pin 1 on headers) to a simple editing error.
Check from source, in this case from reed contacts with a DMM and follow the signal path....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
02 Apr 2023 18:57 - 02 Apr 2023 19:10 #268097 by Ekholm
The relay is indeed working! I opened up the machine and checked if I got a signal when activating with a magnet and it worked. I then went back to the cnc plasma and tested it and checked all the cables and everything is OK with the wires. I run some shapes in LinuxCNC but I will not get any signal when I waits for arc ok (not on 7i96 card and not I LinuxCNC). If I then ignore Arc ok then I will get a signal( both on 7i96 card and in plasmac (shows arc ok). I can’t figure out what’s different. Can my pierce height be to high? Can I have a delay some and when the plasma fire and burn away the material the contact is broken ? I really can’t understand why it behaves differently when I ignore arc ok. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2023 19:10 by Ekholm.

More
03 Apr 2023 13:07 #268171 by Ekholm
So my thoughts is that i will use the thcad card instead for meassure arc ok.

More
03 Apr 2023 18:13 #268189 by Ekholm
I found the problem. It was the pierce height. When I lowered it it now work (approx 2.5 mm height now)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds