Custom button code not working

More
16 Apr 2023 20:07 #269231 by beefy
I made a new custom button for viewing work offsets but a message popped up saying it was not recognised. This was the code in the .ini file:

BUTTON_7_CODE = offsets-view

That code is exactly what is in the Qtplasmac user manual, so I don't know why it doesn't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2023 20:49 #269234 by snowgoer540
Works over here:

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!

What version of QtPlasmaC are you running?
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2023 06:34 #269279 by beefy
Thanks for checking your end Snowgoer.

I'm kind of glad that yours works because it further indicates my system has gone wonky. There are a few things seem to have just stopped working in addition to that custom button code.
The THC is not working, the system does not respond to commands in the gcode to reduce feedrate, I'll sometimes get very long delays before the torch fires (like 30 seconds), etc. Regarding that custom button code, I'll be in the middle of a cut then the system just stops, and then I find the error about the non-recognised button code displayed on the screen. So seems that error also stopped the gcode.

My system is about a year and a half old, not sure off the top of my head which version, but I think it's time to upgrade.
I've got one single cut to do for someone I know then I'm going to wipe the slate clean and install MX Linux as per your tutorial (thanks for that). Looks like Qtplasmac has had a few improvements in that time so should be worthwhile.

Cheers,

Keith
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds