Qtplasmac require homing everytime

More
17 Apr 2023 11:09 #269294 by santy
I have a few questions with a qtplasmac, Although I have all three axes home sensors configured, and the option not to require homing before MDI, it still requires that I hold in the machine every time I turn it on. How can i override this?

also, what is the best strategy to manage the parameters for the material that you you are cutting? Do you create materials in qtplasmac and manage there or in sheetcam? 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2023 11:45 - 17 Apr 2023 11:45 #269297 by snowgoer540
If you have a HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0, and HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0, and HOME_USE_INDEX = NO in your INI file, then the axis will home immediately in place, for each axis you set this way...

You will still have to press HOME ALL on the GUI.

If you post the INI file, we can help you if you are confused.

There are many options for material.  Some prefer sheetcam to be the master, and only use temporary material parameters in the post processor.  Some let qtplasmac be the master.

I prefer to let QtPlasmaC to be the master.  The reason is simple, if I tweak a parameter, I dont want to have to remember to go back to SheetCAM to make the same change.  Whereas, when I do it in QtPlasmaC, it stays.  Any time I pick that same material, I get the same parameters.

Also, I use the conversational quite a bit.  This way my materials are present for that as well.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2023 11:45 by snowgoer540.

More
17 Apr 2023 12:22 #269300 by santy

If you have a HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0, and HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0, and HOME_USE_INDEX = NO in your INI file, then the axis will home immediately in place, for each axis you set this way...

You will still have to press HOME ALL on the GUI.

If you post the INI file, we can help you if you are confused.

There are many options for material.  Some prefer sheetcam to be the master, and only use temporary material parameters in the post processor.  Some let qtplasmac be the master.

I prefer to let QtPlasmaC to be the master.  The reason is simple, if I tweak a parameter, I dont want to have to remember to go back to SheetCAM to make the same change.  Whereas, when I do it in QtPlasmaC, it stays.  Any time I pick that same material, I get the same parameters.

Also, I use the conversational quite a bit.  This way my materials are present for that as well.

thank you. i have my config files here.
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2023 22:48 - 17 Apr 2023 22:50 #269340 by snowgoer540
The attached should home in place for you.

Edit:  I should note to be careful as this will throw off your soft limits.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2023 22:50 by snowgoer540.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds